Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More genius innovation

http://screen.yahoo.com/lazy-way-cut...132958887.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 02 Sep 2013 18:03:09 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 2 Sep 2013 17:43:14 +0000 (UTC), Red Green
wrote:

http://screen.yahoo.com/lazy-way-cut...132958887.html

Great if you have a round yard.
Call the Washington DC US Park Service.
They can do this in the Ellipse

That's right. With an ellipse, one needs two posts.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
http://screen.yahoo.com/lazy-way-cut...132958887.html

It needs a larger diameter pivot post.

Posted to alt.home.repair

micky wrote in
:

wrote:

http://screen.yahoo.com/lazy-way-cut...132958887.html

Great if you have a round yard.
Call the Washington DC US Park Service.
They can do this in the Ellipse

That's right. With an ellipse, one needs two posts.

....for the two focus points.

Ahhh, someone who remembers their geometry.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, September 2, 2013 10:43:14 AM UTC-7, Red Green wrote:
http://screen.yahoo.com/lazy-way-cut...132958887.html

My reply must have gotten lost. I was wondering whether one could adapt a one of those automated floor vacuums to cut grass. Zoomas? Goombas? Oombas? What were they called?

If a program could be written to teach the little guys to avoid furniture, walls, etc. why couldn't a more sophisticated program be written to teach a lawn mower to follow a certain trajectory.

Say you want it to go 10' one way, make a R turn, proceed the width of the mower's body, make another R, proceed length of body, and go back 10' and so on. Or any variation of the commands depending how your lawn is laid out.

When ordering the mower, I assume you'd have to furnish the figures on which the program would be based? And send it back in to have them changed.

Or is there a way to allow the user (if smart enough!) to fill in/change the figures him/herself through a higher-order command.

What do with the grass clippings? Some people just leave them there to decay and fertilize the earth. If not, buy a vaccuum attachment to the mower.

Should I apply for the patent right away g

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/3/2013 4:12 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
[...]

the same company already has one of these.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/3/2013 6:12 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
[...]

I do believe there is a robot lawnmower that uses a buried electrical
cable to mark the boundaries and magnetic sensor in the mower for it to
determine where to turn around when it's mowing. I think the technology
may have improved to the point where a robotic mower can learn and
remember the yard. ^_^

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products...or-homeowners/

http://tinyurl.com/765j656

http://www.amazon.com/RoboMow-RL850-.../dp/B0001ZI54M

http://tinyurl.com/pmnfpdt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MQ-7gnw5co

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More genius innovation: The Mowbot!

When I was a boy, someone a couple blocks away
had a mowbot. I remember vaguely, the sales man
put a cable around the outside edge of the lawn,
it had some kind of a signal that repelled the
mowbot. I thought it was clever.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/3/2013 8:11 PM, wrote:

I was wondering whether one could adapt a one

of those automated floor vacuums to cut grass.
Zoomas? Goombas? Oombas? What were they called?

If a program could be written to teach the little

guys to avoid furniture, walls, etc. why couldn't a
more sophisticated program be written to teach a
lawn mower to follow a certain trajectory.

HB

It is called "MowBot" and they have been around at least 30 years
although not that successfully.
I assume 21st century technology might make them a lot better.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Keep at it. Your next great idea may well be the
one that makes you rich.

Green city -- expensive. Anyone see a link?

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/3/2013 8:45 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

Well, thanks everybody -- I guess g That's about

the umpteenth device I've invented that has been around
since forever.

At those prices, I'll stick with Antonio's bi-weekly

Mow&Edge. Decades ago, we had a hand mower named
"Lancelot". Wonder whatever happened to him...

Actually, in my little "green" city, where water

is very expensive, we are encouraged, via subsidies,
to convert lawns into "xeroscapic" areas, defined as
water-conserving. From time to time I stroll around
the neighborhood photographing houses that have
converted their lawns. Gotta save up my pennies to
have my mangy lawns torn out and convert the area into
something appropriate.

HB