Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default More genius innovation

On Monday, September 2, 2013 10:43:14 AM UTC-7, Red Green wrote:
http://screen.yahoo.com/lazy-way-cut...132958887.html

My reply must have gotten lost. I was wondering whether one could adapt a one of those automated floor vacuums to cut grass. Zoomas? Goombas? Oombas? What were they called?

If a program could be written to teach the little guys to avoid furniture, walls, etc. why couldn't a more sophisticated program be written to teach a lawn mower to follow a certain trajectory.

Say you want it to go 10' one way, make a R turn, proceed the width of the mower's body, make another R, proceed length of body, and go back 10' and so on. Or any variation of the commands depending how your lawn is laid out.

When ordering the mower, I assume you'd have to furnish the figures on which the program would be based? And send it back in to have them changed.

Or is there a way to allow the user (if smart enough!) to fill in/change the figures him/herself through a higher-order command.

What do with the grass clippings? Some people just leave them there to decay and fertilize the earth. If not, buy a vaccuum attachment to the mower.

Should I apply for the patent right away g

HB