Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Magnetic Innovation.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...g-applications

And...did the other Ed H. go on vacation? He would like this.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Edward Hennessey" wrote in message

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...g-applications

And...did the other Ed H. go on vacation? He would like this.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

This sounds like a logical extension of what the computer disk drive
people have been doing for decades - putting complex magnetic
patterns on a surface. They just have come up with new applications
for it.
Art

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Artemus" wrote in message

"Edward Hennessey" wrote in message

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...g-applications

And...did the other Ed H. go on vacation? He would like this.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

This sounds like a logical extension of what the computer disk drive
people have been doing for decades - putting complex magnetic
patterns on a surface. They just have come up with new applications
for it.
Art

It certainly seems to build on that and other developments. What is
surprising is
that it took someone so long to work out effective hardware. It will
be
entertaining to see what real-world applications eventuate.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Edward Hennessey" fired this volley in
m:

It certainly seems to build on that and other developments. What is
surprising is
that it took someone so long to work out effective hardware. It will
be
entertaining to see what real-world applications eventuate.

Regards,

Forget your Ginko pills today?

A "writable pole" generator came out in the 1980s that allows a generator
to produce the same frequency of AC regardless of shaft speed.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. 3.70...
"Edward Hennessey" fired this volley
in
m:

It certainly seems to build on that and other developments. What
is
surprising is
that it took someone so long to work out effective hardware. It
will
be
entertaining to see what real-world applications eventuate.

Regards,

Forget your Ginko pills today?

LS:

Gee, did I neglect the Ginkgo? I don't recall. But I did forget to get
enough REM.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

A "writable pole" generator came out in the 1980s that allows a
generator
to produce the same frequency of AC regardless of shaft speed.

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 09:48:24 -0700, "Edward Hennessey"

.3.70...
"Edward Hennessey" fired this volley
in
m:

It certainly seems to build on that and other developments. What
is
surprising is
that it took someone so long to work out effective hardware. It
will
be
entertaining to see what real-world applications eventuate.

Regards,

Forget your Ginko pills today?

LS:

Gee, did I neglect the Ginkgo? I don't recall. But I did forget to get
enough REM.

The sleep or the eye movement itself, Ed?

--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile,
hoping it will eat him last.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 09:48:24 -0700, "Edward Hennessey"
wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote in
message
8.3.70...
"Edward Hennessey" fired this volley
in
m:

It certainly seems to build on that and other developments. What
is
surprising is
that it took someone so long to work out effective hardware. It
will
be
entertaining to see what real-world applications eventuate.

Regards,

Forget your Ginko pills today?

LS:

Gee, did I neglect the Ginkgo? I don't recall. But I did forget to
get
enough REM.

The sleep or the eye movement itself, Ed?

LJ:

I was going for a triple. "To sleep, perchance to dream"...while REM
rollicked from
the CD.

Regards,

EH

--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile,
hoping it will eat him last.
-- Sir Winston Churchill

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 23:38:53 -0700, "Edward Hennessey"
wrote:

Gee, did I neglect the Ginkgo? I don't recall. But I did forget to
get
enough REM.

The sleep or the eye movement itself, Ed?

LJ:

I was going for a triple. "To sleep, perchance to dream"...while REM
rollicked from
the CD.

Well done, sir. You're quite the adventurous lad, aren't you?

--
Most people assume the fights are going to be the left versus the right,
but it always is the reasonable versus the jerks.