Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Popcorn ceiling can be redone?

replying to orangetrader, JE (Elaine) Lawless wrote:
orangetrader wrote:

I have popcorn ceiling (yeah I know it's ugly) and after hurricane Frances
there were some leaks which I fixed. Unfortunately some moisture got to

the
ceiling and there is a seam along the ceiling drywall that started peeling
off. I used a drywall puddy knife and scaped off an area about 6 inches
wide and 3" long that has no popcorn now.
I then tried to buy those popcorn repair kid...no luck...I cannot apply

that
stuff into the area I scaped to match the look of the rest of the ceiling.
It's impossible. Plus the cottage cheese doesn't stick well anyways.
So now I am thinking of hiring someone to respray the entire room, covering
that spot and the rest of the room as well. Can a total respray mask the
spot or will it be worse apply popcorn on popcorn?

Yes, I found repairing an area a real hassle - (unsuccessful ). If a
repairman can't patch it, the entire room should look the same when it's
all new - if he knows what he's doing.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ne-554475-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

orangetrader wrote:

[...]

It's an art... I used to use a guy back when I had to do electrical work
in existing buildings that could do a pretty darn good job of covering
up a patch with a roller and sponge, but you could hand me the same
exact materials and it wouldn't look nearly as good.

nate
Posted to alt.home.repair

orangetrader wrote:

I have popcorn ceiling (yeah I know it's ugly) and after hurricane Frances
there were some leaks which I fixed. Unfortunately some moisture got to

the
ceiling and there is a seam along the ceiling drywall that started peeling
off. I used a drywall puddy knife and scaped off an area about 6 inches
wide and 3" long that has no popcorn now.
I then tried to buy those popcorn repair kid...no luck...I cannot apply

that
stuff into the area I scaped to match the look of the rest of the ceiling.
It's impossible. Plus the cottage cheese doesn't stick well anyways.

Maybe scrape off the repair you tried to make, paint the damaged part
white, paint a dotted line in some other color, leaving room to write
in black, "Open on dotted line" or "Open popcorn on dotted line." I'm
sure it wil get a laugh from anyone who visits and as a ceiling, it
will just as well.

Popcorn ceiling in2dadark Home Repair 9 December 30th 08 05:46 PM
How To Paint Popcorn Ceiling? Tony Deb Home Repair 20 October 10th 06 04:35 PM
popcorn asbestos ceiling bubblegummom Home Repair 9 September 30th 06 04:15 PM
Removal of popcorn ceiling miamicuse Home Repair 16 July 19th 05 11:18 AM
Popcorn ceiling barry martin Home Repair 4 July 19th 03 12:42 AM