Posted to alt.home.repair
Uri Uri is offline

Default Light will turn ON during daylight with no relation to X10 motion detectors

The driveway lights started to turn ON during the day with no activity
that could trigger a 'faulty sensor' . Can it be low battery problem?

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...-m-759054-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 11, 2013 12:46:02 PM UTC-4, Uri wrote:
The driveway lights started to turn ON during the day with no activity

that could trigger a 'faulty sensor' . Can it be low battery problem?

--

Battery in what? The motion detector? Seems unlikely, but with
X10 anything is possible. Does the controller for the driveway
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

wrote in message
On Sunday, August 11, 2013 12:46:02 PM UTC-4, Uri wrote:
The driveway lights started to turn ON during the day with no activity

that could trigger a 'faulty sensor' . Can it be low battery problem?

--

Battery in what? The motion detector? Seems unlikely, but with
X10 anything is possible. Does the controller for the driveway
lights respond reliably to commands from other sources, eg manual
X10 controller? Since the battery is easy to replace, it seems
it would be a good place to start, just to rule it out.....

OR - a neighbor with X-10 controlling something else using the same codes or
the "ALL ON" command.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Another moaners hub spammer?

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 8/11/2013 12:46 PM, Uri wrote:
--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...-m-759054-.htm
using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface
to home and garden related groups

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Another moaners hub spammer?

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

On 8/11/2013 12:46 PM, Uri wrote:
--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...-m-759054-.htm
using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface
to home and garden related groups

Ya gotta love it!. A usenet top-poster bitching about someone accessing usenet
through a web site. He'll never have a clue.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:
On Sunday, August 11, 2013 12:46:02 PM UTC-4, Uri wrote:
The driveway lights started to turn ON during the day with no activity

that could trigger a 'faulty sensor' . Can it be low battery problem?

--

Battery in what? The motion detector? Seems unlikely, but with
X10 anything is possible.

You got that right. I've got 2 X-10 set ups at my house. The fixture by the
front door controlled by a motion sensor that can see people coming up the
driveway, and a fixture in my basement controlled by a motion sensor in my
shop, near the basement entry door. I don't have a three way switch for the
main basement lights, so the X-10 controlled fixture allows me to have some
light in the main basement if I come in through that back door.

For some reason the light near the front door will come on at random times,
even during the day. In addition, if triggered by it's motion sensor, it
will randomly stay on "forever" instead of timing out like it's supposed
to. When I leave for work, I often have to tap the switch by the front door
to turn off that fixture, even though it's been light out for hours.

The basement light never, ever comes on when it's not supposed to.

Does the controller for the driveway
lights respond reliably to commands from other sources, eg manual
X10 controller? Since the battery is easy to replace, it seems
it would be a good place to start, just to rule it out.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 11, 2013 9:46:02 AM UTC-7, Uri wrote:
The driveway lights started to turn ON during the day with no activity

that could trigger a 'faulty sensor' . Can it be low battery problem?

--

posted from

http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...-m-759054-.htm

using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface

to home and garden related groups

Have you tried changing the code combination yet?