Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Cooper Lighting Motion Sensor Flood Light, Turn On Request

Hi Charlie,

She tried your method and it didn't work, but I am not sure if she did it
very quickly?

It seems logical that there must be a way to turn the light on when you
want it to stay on without taking the sensor apart and bypassing that
circuit.
John

On Wed, 12 May 2010 12:13:29 -0400, in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
Hi,
I'm trying to help a relative who lost the owner's manual for
her Cooper Lighting model MS80W outdoor motion sensor
flood light. She no longer wants the motion sensor feature, but
wants to be able to turn it on and off like a regular light.

Note: She has a power switch in the house for that light.

Unfortunately a visit to Cooper's web site and a Google search did not
result in a source for the owner's manual or the information we want.

Do you know a way I can convert that into a regular on/off light
by way of the power switch?

Thank You in Advance, John

PS, Remove "ine" from my email address

I have a different make of motion detector so this may not work but it easy
enough to try.

When you want to turn the light on to steady, rapidly power off and on.
I had not paid attention to this feature until one night the power to our
area had what might be called a switching transient.
When I got up the next morning I found the light had been on steadily. That
was what got me to read the rest of the instructions to see why.

On the other hand, my next door neighbor was away and his light kept going
every night as it was hardwired. The sensor shut it down during the day. I
ended up unscrewing the bulbs because the guy across the street started
complaining.

Charlie

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

OK. I don't know everything. I have a long list of people who will attest to
that.
But I do know that Google knows everything

So a quick search provided this link,
http://www.cooperlighting.com/specfi...S_325-1276.pdf

So go forth and conquer.

Charlie

wrote in message
Hi Charlie,

She tried your method and it didn't work, but I am not sure if she did
it
very quickly?

It seems logical that there must be a way to turn the light on when you
want it to stay on without taking the sensor apart and bypassing that
circuit.
John

On Wed, 12 May 2010 12:13:29 -0400, in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

. ..