Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pegasus fawcet. Where does this screw go??

I have a Pegasus faucet.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03000.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03001.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03003.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03005.JPG

Does anyone know where this small screw (lower left corner) goes?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03004.JPG

I think it fits into the hole in
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03002.JPG
but don't know how to get it in??
Posted to alt.home.repair

this is the faucet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7PtDhV30E4
Posted to alt.home.repair

Just a SWAG, is that small screw brass? Might hold the faucet washer
onto the bottom of the valve stem.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 8/6/2013 2:04 AM, Deodiaus wrote:
I have a Pegasus faucet.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03000.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03001.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03003.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03005.JPG

Does anyone know where this small screw (lower left corner) goes?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03004.JPG

I think it fits into the hole in
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03002.JPG
but don't know how to get it in??

Posted to alt.home.repair

Deo,

The out of focus pictures don't help. If you send a photo of your faucet
to Pegasus, they will tell you what model you have. From there you should be
able to find a drawing (hopefully an "exploded parts drawing).
Is the hole that you like threaded? If so what's the problem with trying
the screw in that hole? A stubby or a 90 degree driver should work.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Deodiaus wrote:
I have a Pegasus faucet.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03000.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03001.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03003.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03005.JPG

Does anyone know where this small screw (lower left corner) goes?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03004.JPG

I think it fits into the hole in
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03002.JPG
but don't know how to get it in??

Ask the person who took the faucet apart.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

Learn how to spell before posting to alt.home.repair again!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 04:50:04 -0500,
wrote:

Learn how to spell before posting to alt.home.repair again!

Learn how to stop nym-shifting before posting to alt.home.repair
again!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Appears to be the Usenet pastime: Flaming, knit
picking, and criti-sigh-zing. I'll have admit to
having done my share of netpicks, but do try to
avoid nym shifting or flaming.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 8/7/2013 1:06 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Hmmm,
Right. As an English teacher (s)he is
wasting all the time knit picking
rather than teaching English proper,LOL!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony,

Knit picking? Is this irony? Not that I'm picking nits

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

David L. Martel wrote:
Tony,

Knit picking? Is this irony? Not that I'm picking nits

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 7 Aug 2013 20:32:56 -0400, "David L. Martel"
wrote:

Tony,

Knit picking? Is this irony? Not that I'm picking nits

Dave M.

Then you must be picking your NUTS, not your NITS!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 8:26:22 AM UTC-5, willshak wrote:
Deodiaus wrote:

I have a Pegasus faucet.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03000.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03001.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03003.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03005.JPG

Does anyone know where this small screw (lower left corner) goes?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03004.JPG

I think it fits into the hole in

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03002.JPG

but don't know how to get it in??

Ask the person who took the faucet apart.

--

I took it apart and think the screw goes into the hole next to the base about an inch from the countertop and faces away from the user. I can't find the threaded hole where it goes into. There is a split ring holding the little plunger in place, but I think the screw goes somewhere around there. I should have taken a pic when I took it apart. BTW, the pic is out of focus because it is a reflection via a mirror The camera uses sound to focus.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 7 Aug 2013 23:32:31 -0700 (PDT), Deodiaus
wrote:

I took it apart and think the screw goes into the hole next to the base about an inch from the countertop and faces away from the user. I can't find the threaded hole where it goes into. There is a split ring holding the little plunger in place, but I think the screw goes somewhere around there.

Examine each part closely. There may be a blemish, discoloration, or
indent of where the screw head rested once tightened. The circle will
be obvious -- to me.

By now you have called the company or visited the web site, right?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 21:50:47 -0500, wrote:

Then you must be picking your NUTS, not your NITS!!!

Home Guy nym-shifted twice now in this thread.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Deodiaus

Does anyone know where this small screw (lower left corner) goes?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03004.JPG

I think it fits into the hole in

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DSC03002.JPG

but don't know how to get it in??

That hole is where the divertor valve goes, isn't it? It's too big for
that screw, I think.

.. There is a split ring holding the little plunger in place,

Whoa, back up. What split ring? What plunger? I don't see any thing like
that laid out in your JPEGs.

but I think the screw goes somewhere around there. I should have taken a
pic when I took it apart. BTW, the pic is out of focus because it is a
reflection via a mirror The camera uses sound to focus.

Have you assembled the faucet without the mystery screw? Does it leak?
Could the screw be from another project? It looke like the sort of screw
used to hold a faucet washer. Did you service the faucet valves?