Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What IS quality bamboo flooring?

I have pergo flooring in my living room, and I really don't like the fake,
almost "plastic" feel of it and the slipperiness of it. I love how dark
bamboo flooring looks and also appreciate the fact that it's eco
frienfly/renewable source. But I would like to find out WHAT EXACTLY IS a
good quality bamboo wood? And what's the price per SF?

Keith, you've mentioned that you paid $2500 for your bamboo floor
installation - did that include the bamboo wood AND the labor? If so, I
would really like to have your people's contact info!

Thank you so much for any advice.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ng-755602-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 01:44:01 +0000, Dovile (Chicago)
wrote:

Keith, you've mentioned that you paid $2500 for your bamboo floor
installation - did that include the bamboo wood AND the labor?

It was probably for just the labor -- unless it was for only a room or
two.

We recently paid close to 4k for installation of about 1100 sq ft 3/4"
hickory flooring. The material was not included in that price.
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

Keith, you've mentioned that you paid $2500 for your bamboo floor
installation - did that include the bamboo wood AND the labor?

It was probably for just the labor -- unless it was for only a room or
two.

We recently paid close to 4k for installation of about 1100 sq ft 3/4"
hickory flooring. The material was not included in that price.

Which is why I just finished doing my livingroom and diningroom
myself. About $4.79 per sq ft plus cleats and other supplies for the
3/4" prefinished ash. I bought the flooring nailer for $100 on sale
and borrowed a compressor and brad nailer. I already owned a miter
saw/cutoff saw. I spread the job over 2 weeks. Also did the 50 sq feet
of porcelain tile in the foyer. The tile is less than half the cost of
the tile job - thinset, grout, vitra tile backer, and edge trims.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/13/2013 8:44 PM, Dovile (Chicago) wrote:
I have pergo flooring in my living room, and I really don't like the fake,
almost "plastic" feel of it and the slipperiness of it. I love how dark
bamboo flooring looks and also appreciate the fact that it's eco
frienfly/renewable source. But I would like to find out WHAT EXACTLY IS a
good quality bamboo wood? And what's the price per SF?
Keith, you've mentioned that you paid $2500 for your bamboo floor
installation - did that include the bamboo wood AND the labor? If so, I
would really like to have your people's contact info!

Not sure where Keith lives but if you're in Chicago and his people
aren't it's gonna cost you big timeg

Installation will be dependent upon what type of bamboo flooring you
select. There are, just like hardwood and laminate, several styles.
You can glue it down, nail it down, or snap it together and let it
float, just like Pergo.

I don't like the dark bamboo but will admit that it makes for a
beautiful floor, especially if you can find it pre-finished in a shade
that you like or can live with.

Generally, the stuff is as hard as nails but not all bamboo flooring is
created alike. While it's generally harder than Oak, we found some
variations that were almost indestructible and others that were less so.
Before you sign on the dotted line make sure that the the color you
want and style you want is as hard as you want. The surface hardness, I
think, is a result of the finish applied and also the orientation of the
bamboo fibers. We looked at Lumber Liquidators and observed a pretty
distinct variation in the hardness of several samples which came from
the same manufacturer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

yeah, Which state is your location? hope we could do something for you. the price of bamboo flooring is from $2.20 to $3.00. that's up to your choice. The labor is almost the same as the flooring's price.

Posted to alt.home.repair