Dave Combs

Default Bamboo Flooring?

Well I finally agreed to have wood flooring in the house. My wife is all hot
for bamboo flooring because its a quickly renewable resource. Looked at
Lowes today and fopund out that "bamboo is stronger than maple and more
durable then oak." Anyone have any experience or knowledge about bamboo
flooring?

Thanks.

Dave

CAStinneford

We installed about 600 sq ft of it over the winter in an addition we built.
I bought it from http://www.diyflooring.com and it was under $4 sq ft. It's
5/8" thick and each piece is 3" wide and 6' long and the floor can be
refinished. When you are looking at bamboo flooring, see if it's vertical or
horizontal. Each look is different and you may find you like one over the
other. Bamboo flooring isn't stained to change the color....it's 'smoked'
and the smoking can decrease the hardness so you might be better off with
the natural color which is what we went with.

As to putting it down, it went down just like oak we've put down and it
looks great. We are now considering putting it on the first floor of the
house.

"Dave Combs" wrote in message
Well I finally agreed to have wood flooring in the house. My wife is all
hot
for bamboo flooring because its a quickly renewable resource. Looked at
Lowes today and fopund out that "bamboo is stronger than maple and more
durable then oak." Anyone have any experience or knowledge about bamboo
flooring?

Thanks.

Dave

I installed bamboo in my kitchen about 8 months ago (350 sq ft). As
for "strength" and "durability," it will dent and scratch just like the
other wood floors in your house if you drop something on it like a can
of beans or a knife- that happens in the kitchen. Most companies will
send you a sample piece if you ask. I ended up purchasing it for about
$4.50 a square foot. There are many lower priced alternatives, down to
about $2 a square foot. No problems with installation.

Junior Member

I have installed bamboo several times and have never heard any complaints about it. It is a very hard material. Any marking problems would be related to the finish and not the fact that it is bamboo.

For more information click he http://www.inovarfloor.com/in/bamboo-flooring.html

Floating 5/8" Bamboo Flooring Over Concrete traderfjp Home Repair 4 October 24th 08 11:47 PM
Bamboo Flooring Gary Dean Woodworking 12 June 24th 05 03:00 AM
Bamboo Flooring [email protected] Woodworking 7 June 23rd 05 11:54 AM
Bamboo Flooring Pelorus Home Repair 7 March 6th 05 07:43 AM
Bamboo Flooring Kriz265490 UK diy 1 March 23rd 04 07:07 PM