traderfjp

Default Floating 5/8" Bamboo Flooring Over Concrete

I want to float my 5/8" solid bamboo over a concrete slab. I've lived
in the house for 14 years and tested the slab and there is no moisture
coming up. My plan is to glue the planks together and float them over
a moisture barrier. I don't want to add a subfloor and nail the floor
down. Is there any reason I can't take standard bamboo planking 36" in
length and float it as described above? Are there any disadvantages to
doing this?

Thanks

traderfjp

Anyone?

Edwin Pawlowski

"traderfjp" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone?

What does the manufacturer say?

miamicuse

I live in Miami Florida (hot & humid) and the property has a monolithic
slab foundation.

I installed bamboo floor over concrete. I did not float it, it was a glue
down application using Franklin® 811 Urethane Mastic. Has been five years
and no problem.

MC

"traderfjp" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone?

Bamboo Flooring [email protected] Woodworking 7 June 23rd 05 11:54 AM
Bamboo Flooring Pelorus Home Repair 7 March 6th 05 07:43 AM
Can't Glue Flooring to Concrete Subfloors SQLit Home Repair 3 December 24th 04 12:13 AM
Bamboo Floating Floor? henry Home Repair 4 September 11th 04 07:25 PM
Bamboo Flooring Kriz265490 UK diy 1 March 23rd 04 07:07 PM