Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Goodbye Internet

Have any of you noticed how the newsgroups are getting less and less
used lately. Even this group (alt.home.repair), used to be much more
active, and the posts were much more on topic. These days use has
significantly dropped, and half the posts are off topic trash. I've
heard some people say that usenet is dying because it was the original
internet and has been replaced by the web. While it's true that it was
the original internet, it still serves a valid use, and is far faster
and more efficient than many websites.

But it down stop there. The newsgroups are NOT being replaced by the
web. Because the web itself is dying too. I recall a time when almost
everyone seemed to have a personal website, and the web was the major
online place for businesses to advertise their business. This was true
for all businesses from large companies to small stores and non-profits,
and even schools, rock-bands, and sports teams, and more......

Well, the web is on it's way out too. The cause is one miserable thing
called FACEBOOK. It's sad but true that Facebook is the demise of the
entire internet. Facebook will destroy the internet in a few more
years.

Just recently I've encountered several rock bands who announced on stage
that they were abandoning their websites and are now on facebook. Even
many commercial businesses are getting rid of their websites in favor of
facebook. I personally know of several local businesses who have done
this, including our county fair. It's a dirty shame.....

Even email seems to be on it's way out. I am well aware of several
people who I used to contact by email who say they no longer use email,
and tell others to contact them by facebook instead.

It almost seems like we're re-entering the time when there was no
internet. When we had to look up local entertainment in the daily
newspaper. No longer can I go to the website of my favorite rock bands
to see where they are playing, or to the county fair's site to see what
their schedule is, or even find out the specials at a local restaurant,
unless I want to go to facebook's privacy invading bull****, where I'm
bombarded with 'ads, and idiots who want to annoy me and waste hours of
my time with their bull**** and their childish online fights, and all
the other garbage that fills the pages of facebook.

Sorry, but I wont sign up for facebook even if they offerred to pay me
to use their garbage, (which they wont). I want no part of facebook,
and I have proven that they are capable of reading the contents of your
hard drive, and tracking every move a person makes online. I have gone
so far as to install nearly 40 blocks to keep them out of my computer,
which has taken hours of my time to install, and which needs to be
constantly upgraded as they find other means to get their filthy hands
into our lives. Every website with a facebook icon on it, has the
capability of tracing everything you do online, even if you do not have
a facebook account.

I'm already preparing for the worst, meaning I see the time coming
probably before the end of this year when I will simply pull the plug on
the internet. After all, why pay for internet service when there is
nothing left to do online, except that miserable piece of **** called
facebook...... Besides, I've had to resort back to getting the daily
newspaper, so rather than pay for useless internet service, I'll pay the
paperboy.

But before pulling the plug, I wanted to share this, and ask that those
of you who enjoyed the internet prior to facebook ruining it, to please
boycott facebook.

There are several ways to do this:

1. Close your facebook accounts (If you have them), and dont open new
ones. Dont allow your children to use Facebook either.
2. Get blocking software such as "Facebook Blocker" for Firefox to
prevent facebook from tracking you.
3. Add all the facebook blocks to your HOSTS file.
4. Tell your favorite businesses, bands, sports teams, etc to bring back
their websites if they want your business, (because you do not use
facebook).
5. Use email to contact your friends, and if they tell you that email is
obsolete, tell them to phone you, because you have no other means to
contact them.
6. Share this message with everyone who has a computer.

FACEBOOK WILL BE THE DEMISE OF THE INTERNET, IF WE DONT STOP THEM NOW!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Buggy whips, shag carpet, white wall tires... they come they go,
somethings stick some don't. Follow the money.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:19:43 AM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

I agree that Facebook is replacing personal websites. My wife and I made a personal website in the mid-1990's to post pictures from around the farm for the family to see but I don't think we've updated it for seven or eight years. My daughter finally convinced me to get on Facebook to exchange news and pictures, but I signed up under an assumed name so that people from my past can't find me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

My shares of amalgamated buggy whip have really gone down this year.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Fat-Dumb and Happy" wrote in message ...

Buggy whips, shag carpet, white wall tires... they come they go,
somethings stick some don't. Follow the money.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Like!
+1!
(shared....)
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
wrote in message ...

Have any of you noticed how the newsgroups are getting less and less
used lately. Even this group (alt.home.repair), used to be much more
active, and the posts were much more on topic. These days use has
significantly dropped, and half the posts are off topic trash. I've
heard some people say that usenet is dying because it was the original
internet and has been replaced by the web. While it's true that it was
the original internet, it still serves a valid use, and is far faster
and more efficient than many websites.

Well, the web is on it's way out too. The cause is one miserable thing
called FACEBOOK. It's sad but true that Facebook is the demise of the
entire internet. Facebook will destroy the internet in a few more
years.

FACEBOOK WILL BE THE DEMISE OF THE INTERNET, IF WE DONT STOP THEM NOW!

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Next time someone tells you to use Facebook, beat them to death with a baseball bat.
No more death penalty for killing US poo Lice!