Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help sizing undermount kitchen sink?

Just installed new cabinets and my sink base is 33". I want an SS
undermount double well sink. The model I'm looking at shows its
maximum width as 32 1/4 which leaves a whopping 3/8" on either side.

Can any knowledgeable kitchen installers please help identify the
widest dimension sink I can fit?

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 7/2/2013 1:39 PM, BobMCT wrote:
Just installed new cabinets and my sink base is 33". I want an SS
undermount double well sink. The model I'm looking at shows its
maximum width as 32 1/4 which leaves a whopping 3/8" on either side.

Can any knowledgeable kitchen installers please help identify the
widest dimension sink I can fit?

The spec's for the sink should show a clearance needed...if not given,
ask the vendor/distributor. It'll vary some based on the actual
mounting hardware used/lip design.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob,

3/8" does not sound like enough room for sink mounting hardware. The sink
clips I'm familiar with take about an inch. Get a smaller sink.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

BobMCT wrote:
Just installed new cabinets and my sink base is 33". I want an SS
undermount double well sink. The model I'm looking at shows its
maximum width as 32 1/4 which leaves a whopping 3/8" on either side.

Can any knowledgeable kitchen installers please help identify the
widest dimension sink I can fit?

Thanks

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you have...

When you say the "sink base" in 33 I assume you mean the base cabinet. The
cut out in the countertop is what you need to be concerned with.

Seems to me that you wouldn't want a sink that is as wide as the base
cabinet because you want support under the countertop on both side of the
sink. Besides, you need room inside the cabinet to attach the sink to the
counter top.

See here...you'll note that the cut out is much smaller than the base
cabinet:

http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/how...ink/index.html

Am I missing something?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 2, 2013 1:39:13 PM UTC-5, BobMCT wrote:
Just installed new cabinets and my sink base is 33". I want an SS undermount double well sink. The model I'm looking at shows its maximum width as 32 1/4 which leaves a whopping 3/8" on either side. Can any knowledgeable kitchen installers please help identify the widest dimension sink I can fit? Thanks

You must find a narrower sink unless you know something that no one else knows.