Posted to alt.home.repair

Default dryer vent

Hi

I bought this flexible "dryer to duct connector kit" from Home depot. I have been told that the dryer vent is standard and that kit should work. to my surprised, the dryer vent looks strange to me ( has cross inside) please see these 2 pictures

http://tinypic.com/r/2qkp8na/5

http://tinypic.com/r/sz7gvr/5

The white connector can not go outside the black vent of dryer or inside either! I am really stuck here and do not know what to do? any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

leza wang wrote:
Hi

I bought this flexible "dryer to duct connector kit" from Home depot. I
have been told that the dryer vent is standard and that kit should work.
to my surprised, the dryer vent looks strange to me ( has cross inside)
please see these 2 pictures

http://tinypic.com/r/2qkp8na/5

http://tinypic.com/r/sz7gvr/5

The white connector can not go outside the black vent of dryer or inside
either! I am really stuck here and do not know what to do? any help would
be very much appreciated. Thanks

I use that aluminum duct stuff, but use metal curves and extension near
outlet. Looks like an animal proof outlet, another thing to collect lint. I
would take it off.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

"leza wang" wrote in message
Hi

I bought this flexible "dryer to duct connector kit" from Home depot. I
have been told that the dryer vent is standard and that kit should work.
to my surprised, the dryer vent looks strange to me ( has cross inside)
please see these 2 pictures

http://tinypic.com/r/2qkp8na/5

http://tinypic.com/r/sz7gvr/5

The white connector can not go outside the black vent of dryer or inside
either! I am really stuck here and do not know what to do? any help
would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Here's a link that I think shows how your kit is supposed to be installed:

http://www.dundasjafine.com/products...r-to-duct.html .

It includes a video for doing the installation.

I am not sure, but I think there may be a piece missing on your existing
dryer vent outlet that your kit can connect to.

It may be that if you bought this item,

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/alum...-4-inch/959857 ,

you could connect this fitting to your dryer (with a 4-inch metal clamp) and
then connect a flexible dryer vent hose to that -- the one you already have
would probably work -- and make that connection with another 4-inch clamp.

I have never used a plastic connector like the one that came with your kit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 28, 2013 10:42:03 PM UTC-4, TomR wrote:
"leza wang" wrote in message

Hi

I bought this flexible "dryer to duct connector kit" from Home depot. I

have been told that the dryer vent is standard and that kit should work.

to my surprised, the dryer vent looks strange to me ( has cross inside)

please see these 2 pictures

http://tinypic.com/r/2qkp8na/5

http://tinypic.com/r/sz7gvr/5

The white connector can not go outside the black vent of dryer or inside

either! I am really stuck here and do not know what to do? any help

would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Here's a link that I think shows how your kit is supposed to be installed:

http://www.dundasjafine.com/products...r-to-duct.html .

It includes a video for doing the installation.

I am not sure, but I think there may be a piece missing on your existing

dryer vent outlet that your kit can connect to.

I'm not sure either. It looks a little short, no? And
also looks like it has a tit sticking up on top, for
something to possible lock on to. But it's hard to tell
from the pic. The link Tom found mentions a "recessed
dryer vent", sounds like that may be what she has.

After she looks at the link, maybe she can figure it out
or tell us more about why it won't fit.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

Leza,

That's a curious gizmo on the dryer. What does the owners" manual suggest
for hooking up to that? Most manuals are easy to download.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

leza wang wrote:
Hi

I bought this flexible "dryer to duct connector kit" from Home depot. I have been told that the dryer vent is standard and that kit should work. to my surprised, the dryer vent looks strange to me ( has cross inside) please see these 2 pictures

http://tinypic.com/r/2qkp8na/5

http://tinypic.com/r/sz7gvr/5

The white connector can not go outside the black vent of dryer or inside either! I am really stuck here and do not know what to do? any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Hi,
Just curious, what is the brand name of the dryer?
I have never seen one like that on a dryer.
Using the brand name try googling for some info.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
leza wang wrote:
Hi

I bought this flexible "dryer to duct connector kit" from Home
depot. I have been told that the dryer vent is standard and that kit
should work. to my surprised, the dryer vent looks strange to me (
has cross inside) please see these 2 pictures

Just curious, what is the brand name of the dryer?
I have never seen one like that on a dryer.
Using the brand name try googling for some info.

I agree -- never saw that before.

If you can find the dryer brand name and model number, I am sure we could
find a downloadable owners or installation manual for it online.

Or, use the brand name and model number to look for the part(s) you may need
on this website:
http://www.appliancerepair.com/ .

This is an EXCELLENT website and I use it all the time. It shows all the
parts and has lots of excellent how-to video that show how to do the repair
that is needed.

In your case (meaning the OP, Leza), there is a question of whether there is
a fitting or piece missing on your dryer that would connect to the dryer
vent duct.

Posted to alt.home.repair

TomR wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
leza wang wrote:
[...]

I forgot to add that this is the link for parts that comes from the
appliancerepair.com website:
http://www.repairclinic.com/ .

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 6/28/2013 6:49 PM, leza wang wrote:
Hi

I bought this flexible "dryer to duct connector kit" from Home
depot. I have been told that the dryer vent is standard and that kit
should work. to my surprised, the dryer vent looks strange to me (
has cross inside) please see these 2 pictures

Looks to me like the (large) engress protector attaches to the duct w/ a
wire spring clip like arrangement. Should be able to remove it (it'll
serve no purpose at all w/ a duct presuming there's something at the
outside end) and then put on the adapter.

Looks like small diameter, though...

Posted to alt.home.repair

leza wang wrote:
Hi

I bought this flexible "dryer to duct connector kit" from Home depot.
I have been told that the dryer vent is standard and that kit should
work. to my surprised, the dryer vent looks strange to me ( has cross
inside) please see these 2 pictures

http://tinypic.com/r/2qkp8na/5

http://tinypic.com/r/sz7gvr/5

The white connector can not go outside the black vent of dryer or
inside either! I am really stuck here and do not know what to do? any
help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Could you measure the diameter of the short pipe that is coming out of the
dryer (the pipe that has the metal crossclip in it) and post that?

Plus, the brand name and model number of the dryer would help.

Dryer Vent mcp6453[_2_] Home Repair 14 December 17th 10 11:57 PM
Gas Dryer Vent Steve Home Repair 3 October 31st 06 03:47 PM
Dryer vent Chas12 Home Repair 32 December 22nd 05 02:29 PM
dryer vent [email protected] Home Repair 2 November 20th 05 10:15 PM
new Maytag dryer clogs dryer vent shedmeister Home Ownership 2 January 10th 05 09:40 PM