Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Commercial rubber roof .. leaking oil???

replying to M.Burns, befuddled roof owner wrote:
mhburns wrote:

We have a small building with a rubber roof that was installed maybe 15-16
years ago. Visibly it looks good and I can even plainly see an "Armstrong"
logo on the material.
This past fall it started leaking ..but it's leaking in a few places
something that looks like motor oil! ..and quite a bit of it at that.

There
is an adjoining, but higher, roof that last year was coated with asphalt
fiber based material. However there is no evidence I can see that this is
the cause and the roofs are separated with a step-down wall with its own
aluminum cap. No evidence of anything running down the wall. (And if the
lower roof didn't leak water, why would it leak anything else that might be
getting on it from an adjoining roof).
Any clue on what this might be?

I just had a rubber roof installed on house & porch & next morn porch was
covered in oil! Have no idea whar caused it but rubber was put over
asphalt.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...il-507042-.htm