Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Coating a Rubber roof

I have a flat rubber roof about 500 s.f.
I had a company put on a Silver Coating.
What concerns me is the company sent 2 men.
They carried up some old looking buckets & mops.
They were done in lees than 1 hour.
Could they have done a proper coating in this amount of time & have had
enough material to cover the roof in those open buckets.
I need to know before i pay the bill.

--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz

Posted to alt.home.repair

"desgnr" wrote in message
I have a flat rubber roof about 500 s.f.
I had a company put on a Silver Coating.
What concerns me is the company sent 2 men.
They carried up some old looking buckets & mops.
They were done in lees than 1 hour.
Could they have done a proper coating in this amount of time & have had
enough material to cover the roof in those open buckets.
I need to know before i pay the bill.

A gallon of wall paint can cover about 400 square feet, so two 5 gallon can
can potentially cover 500 sq feet, but not very thick.

What I can't tell you is if the material is going to do whatever you want it
to do. I'm not familiar with Silver Coating.

If it is this stuff, you'd need three cans
http://www.gardner-gibson.com/linedetails.aspx?id=68

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 2, 9:56*am, "desgnr" wrote:
I have a flat rubber roof about 500 s.f.
I had a company put on a Silver Coating.
What concerns me is the company sent 2 men.
They carried up some old looking buckets & mops.
They were done in lees than 1 hour.
Could they have done a proper coating in this amount of time & have had
enough material to cover the roof in those open buckets.
I need to know before i pay the bill.

--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz
2 GB DDR2 SDRAM
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1

Did they say the materials are compatible?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 2, 8:56*am, "desgnr" wrote:
I have a flat rubber roof about 500 s.f.
I had a company put on a Silver Coating.
What concerns me is the company sent 2 men.
They carried up some old looking buckets & mops.
They were done in lees than 1 hour.
Could they have done a proper coating in this amount of time & have had
enough material to cover the roof in those open buckets.
I need to know before i pay the bill.

--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz
2 GB DDR2 SDRAM
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1

They were slow, one guy could have done it.

Roof Coating - ALUM or ELASTOMERIC? MiamiCuse Home Repair 1 May 24th 07 11:14 PM
Roof Paint/Coating? Harry Home Repair 2 May 16th 07 09:02 PM
Roof Paint/Coating? Harry Home Ownership 0 May 16th 07 04:29 PM
making wheels for belt sander; bearings, rubber coating? Bernard Arnest Metalworking 6 April 5th 06 03:04 AM
Flat roof coating m Ransley Home Repair 1 March 14th 04 03:06 PM