Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Box with exhausted pipe and electrical wires in the basment!

Hi all
First thank you all for all your help and support for my previous questions. People in this group are amazing, thanks once again.

I have a dryer in the basement which I have not used till now. I have found that it does not have a vent! see the pic below please

http://tinypic.com/r/ftisgh/5

Then I have found a box in the basement which lead to an exhausted pipe to the wall and the to the outside of the house, but electrical wires goes inside the box as well. Please see pic below

http://tinypic.com/r/t8ayhe/5

Another pic

http://tinypic.com/r/2jcsrbb/5

and from the outside the house, I see this box

http://tinypic.com/r/rc9dtg/5

What this box is for? why It has an exhausted pipe? I thought that pipe has been misplace and it suppose to go to the dryer!

Any help would be very much appreciate it.