Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Drahn Paul Drahn is offline

Default Box with exhausted pipe and electrical wires in the basment!

On 6/20/2013 12:10 PM, leza wang wrote:
Hi all
First thank you all for all your help and support for my previous questions. People in this group are amazing, thanks once again.

I have a dryer in the basement which I have not used till now. I have found that it does not have a vent! see the pic below please

http://tinypic.com/r/ftisgh/5

Then I have found a box in the basement which lead to an exhausted pipe to the wall and the to the outside of the house, but electrical wires goes inside the box as well. Please see pic below

http://tinypic.com/r/t8ayhe/5

Another pic

http://tinypic.com/r/2jcsrbb/5

and from the outside the house, I see this box

http://tinypic.com/r/rc9dtg/5

What this box is for? why It has an exhausted pipe? I thought that pipe has been misplace and it suppose to go to the dryer!

Any help would be very much appreciate it.

Why is it so hard to figure out? Where does the box wire come from? A
switch, your breaker panel, etc? Does the outside vent have a flap over
the opening or a screen over the opening? Is there a name plate on the
big inside box? Open the box and see what is inside!

Where does the other end of the vent pipe go? I see it disappear into
the some of some big thing. What is that.

Do some detective work and you will soon know what all this is for.

Paul