Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Delta faucet repair?

A friend of mine has a number of Delta faucets in his home with the
single multi-function handle and they all leak under the handle,
especially in the full-cold position. Is there perhaps some sort of
replaceable seal? Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 3, 2013 7:45:34 PM UTC-7, Davej wrote:
A friend of mine has a number of Delta faucets in his home with the

single multi-function handle and they all leak under the handle,

especially in the full-cold position. Is there perhaps some sort of

replaceable seal? Thanks.

Since you said the leak was under the handle and not under the spout.
Tighten or replace this:

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/images...261-353117.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dave,

Older Delta faucets were sold with a small spanner wrench. This tool also
has a hex wrench. Use the hex wrench to loosen the set screw of the handle.
Remove the handle. You should now see the adjuster. With the water running
tighten the adjuster until the leaking stops. It may help tp soak the
adjuster with vinager if it's stuck.
Delta has a very good web-site for DIYers. The customer service ladies
are also first rate.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

It's been a lot of years, but I think I had a Delta faucet apart, one time. They had two spring loaded rubber seals, which were three or four bucks at the hardware. That, and some waterproof silicone grease, and the faucet was all good, again. Please check with a small town hardware store, might still be the case.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Davej" wrote in message ...
A friend of mine has a number of Delta faucets in his home with the
single multi-function handle and they all leak under the handle,
especially in the full-cold position. Is there perhaps some sort of
replaceable seal? Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

They are an easy fix. Repair kits at our local hardware store. DO use silicon grease for ease of later repair and better seal. Maybe 15 minutes work.

/paul W3FIS