Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UK soldier was hacked to death by two black men in SE London (and KRWilliams says - what?)

On Sat, 25 May 2013 16:57:17 +0200, nestork
wrote:

'Ashton Crusher[_2_ Wrote:
;3067999']
The FACTS are that if the buglers know the homeowner is likely to be
unarmed they are far more likely to burglarize the place while you are
home. If you are home then there is obviously more chance you will get
hurt by the burglar. Because you personally have not been hurt has
nothing to do with this issue.

Here, lemme tell you how the burglars in my area seem to operate based
on what I've heard from family and friends.

They get a newspaper from somewhere and check the classified section for
wedding and funeral announcements. That announcement will say who is
getting married, where and when, and ditto for funerals. They know that
for such occasions, the whole family will be at the wedding or funeral,
so that no one will be home. That's especially true if it was a younger
person that died tragically. They look up the family's name in the
phone book if the addresses aren't in the ad and go break into their
house on the day of the wedding or funeral.

No one has accused criminals for being completely stupid. Another
example of Obituaries, a case I worked, the girlfriend followed the
paper. She would obtain telephone calling cards in the names of the
deceased. She would give the card number to her "man" in prison. He
would then use the card on prison phones to call around or selling
(trade) the cards to those needing them.

Most burglars are drug addicts just wanting to find the money to keep
getting high. They're not so much hardened criminals as pathetic people
that need help getting off whatever drug they're addicted to. This is
the reason why waging a "war on drugs" by imprisoning people in the drug
trade (many of whom are addicts) simply doesn't work as well as the
programs they have in Holland, Belguim and Denmark where addicts can get
medical help to get off their addictions. By removing the addiction,
you remove the need for money to feed the addiction, and that removes
the need to commit crimes to get that money.

Aw, jeez! Burglars are also rapists. Even child abduction occurs
during the break-in. Drugs are just secondary to thieving lifestyle.

Yep, the gangs that break into jewellry stores or people that rob banks
have guns and aren't drug addicts. They're professionals who are in it
just for the money. But, they're not the people smashing a basement
window to steal an iPod they can sell fast.

Wacky... Where do you get this idea?

Think this guy is a pro? He is known as the tree robber, in NH.

http://static.yousaytoo.com/post_images/c5/d7/8a/247228/remote_image_1323428449.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

--
nestork

Sure, there are plenty of burglars who are just there to
steal and run away if confronted. But where you're wrong
is assuming that is the only threat out there. Look at this
recent example:

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...ball_play.html

"Arrested yesterday in connection to the March 26 home invasion on
70th Street was Jaime Meyers, 34, who was taken into custody at his
Paterson home, Barrera said.
Both men are charged with home invasion, robbery, aggravated assault,
conspiracy, criminal restraint and weapons offenses, Barrera said.

In the incident, two men kicked down the door to the home, brandished
what appeared to be a real handgun and assaulted one of two victims,
Barrera said. Police say the pair took numerous items, including cash.
The victim who was assaulted was not seriously injured, Barrera said."

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UK soldier was hacked to death by two black men in SE London

harry wrote:

There are essentially three types of muslims:

1. Active militant terrorists

2. Passive supporters of the active militant terrorists

3. Those pretending to be muslim to avoid being murdered by types 1
& 2.

Yep. That about sums it up.

A man is walking down a country lane in County Cork when suddenly a masked
man jumps from the bushes wielding a machete.

"Now be ye Protestant or be ye Catholic?!" says the masked man.

The hiker, thinking quickly, says: "Er, ah, I'm Jewish."

"Begorrah!" says the highwayman exclaims. "I be the luckiest Arab in all of
Ireland!"

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert wrote:
On May 24, 9:18 am, "
wrote:

I see. So, while you think the Britts should arm every
cop, you also think a person needs a darn good reason
to have a pistol in their own house. Is wanting to be
able to protect yourself a good enough reason?

When our police, who are supposed to be well trained in self defense
and in good physical condition, feel safe enough to walk around
without having a weapon, then the citizens may feel safe enough
also.
I have never seen a policeman, active or retired, that didn't
think they
needed a weapon for their own safety. Such is the culture we live
in .

The cop on my beat carries a handgun and extra ammunition. He also carries a
Taser, chemical spray, and a baton. He has a 5-cell flashlight that can be
used as either an offensive or defensive weapon. He probably has a wicked
knife in his pocket that I can't see.

As a final consideration, he has a radio to summon the calvary.

Now ask yourself: he's lugging all that hardware around to protect exactly
whom - the average citizen (me) or himself?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"nestork" wrote in message

'Ashton Crusher[_2_ Wrote:
[...]

All very nice a pretty but quite beside the point
Not to mention a silly collection of presumptions not even close to reality
DO explain to us why Hot Burglaries have dramatically increased in the UK,
since their handgun ban/confiscation ?
In the US Hot Burglaries aka Home invasion represent 10 % of burglaries
In the UK it's 50% with a bullet.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3613417/An-Englishmans-home-is-his-dungeon.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 May 2013 15:18:42 -0700 (PDT), Robert
wrote:

I have never seen a policeman, active or retired, that didn't
think they
needed a weapon for their own safety. Such is the culture we live
in .

Oh, stop. It has nothing with "need". It's about "want".

My bride wants another gun. Both of us are retired LEO. Neighbors are
retired (2) or active duty (1). They also want guns.

Good news is that if sweetie gets a new gun, bet I'll get me one too.

Can't beat it with a stick, what a deal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 25 May 2013 11:35:22 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

The cop on my beat carries a handgun and extra ammunition. He also carries a
Taser, chemical spray, and a baton. He has a 5-cell flashlight that can be
used as either an offensive or defensive weapon. He probably has a wicked
knife in his pocket that I can't see.

As a final consideration, he has a radio to summon the calvary.

Now ask yourself: he's lugging all that hardware around to protect exactly
whom - the average citizen (me) or himself?

Is he a Democrat or a Republican? Progressive or conservative?
Posted to alt.home.repair

My church often sets up house watch people. I've done
that, they ask for volunteers, and then two or more
adults are at the house in shifts.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"nestork" wrote in message ...

They get a newspaper from somewhere and check the classified section for
wedding and funeral announcements. That announcement will say who is
getting married, where and when, and ditto for funerals. They know that
for such occasions, the whole family will be at the wedding or funeral,
so that no one will be home. That's especially true if it was a younger
person that died tragically. They look up the family's name in the
phone book if the addresses aren't in the ad and go break into their
house on the day of the wedding or funeral.

--
nestork

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

'Ashton Crusher[_2_ Wrote:
[...]

Not sure what your point is supposed to be. No one ever said every
burglar was armed and no one ever said every burglar attacks whoever
is home. What's been said is that burglars PREFER burglaring at
places where they know they will not be shot. Naturally, if no one is
home that improves the burglars chances. Now, if you go to AU or the
UK where it's illegal for honest people to have guns you will find
that burglars will much more often break into places where people are
because they know they won't get shot. In the US, since we still have
the right to keep and bear arms despite the best efforts of the
traitors on the left, the burglars know there is a significant chance
that if they break into an occupied place they may get shot. So
statistically there is a huge difference between the rates of
burglaries of OCCUPIED places when you compare the US to UK or AU or
NZ. Those are just the facts. You can spout all the anecdotes you
want and it won't change the facts.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila Iskander View Post
All very nice a pretty but quite beside the point
Not to mention a silly collection of presumptions not even close to reality
DO explain to us why Hot Burglaries have dramatically increased in the UK,
since their handgun ban/confiscation ?
No, I refuse to be sucked in.

You want to talk about hand guns and gun laws and crime rates and so on.

I know nothing about guns, and don't want them in my neighborhoods as long as I can help it. I'd prefer that NO ONE had a gun except the police.

So, I'm blissfully ignorant about guns and I want to stay that way, and I'm certainly not going to engage in an argument about hand guns that I'm going to lose an make myself look stupid for even arguing something I don't know anything about.

I like the system we have in Canada where the police all have guns, any one with a fairly clean criminal record can buy a rifle for hunting, and easily concealed weapons are prohibited except if someone can prove their need for one (like public prosecutors and judges).

So, no, I'm not getting into an arguement over guns.

Go argue with someone who wants to argue about guns. You'll find plenty of people like that in here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

nestork wrote:

I know nothing about guns, and don't want them in my neighborhoods
as long as I can help it. I'd prefer that NO ONE had a gun except
the police.

I like the system we have in Canada where the police all have guns,
any one with a fairly clean criminal record can buy a rifle for
hunting, and easily concealed weapons are prohibited except if
someone can prove their need for one (like public prosecutors and
judges).

+1

Some people say "My Canada includes Quebec".

I say "My Canada does not include hand guns" - or anything really beyond
a basic hunting rifle or shot gun.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

'Ashton Crusher[_2_ Wrote:
[...]

1) he's the one who spouted the ignorant **** that if you make it easier
for citizens to be armed, then it will be easier for criminals to be armed
too.
Ignoring the simple fact that criminals will be armed anyway, just
like it's the case in Canada, the UK, Australia and other places which
disarm the law-abiding
2) The ratio of Home invasions in the US is about 10% of total burglaries
IN the UK it's 50% and rising

Posted to alt.home.repair

"nestork" wrote in message

Attila Iskander;3068203 Wrote:

All very nice a pretty but quite beside the point
Not to mention a silly collection of presumptions not even close to
reality
DO explain to us why Hot Burglaries have dramatically increased in the
UK,
since their handgun ban/confiscation ?

No, I refuse to be sucked in.

LOL
1) You're the one babbling all kinds of ignorant nonsense about guns and
gun control
2) You have every right to remain stump ignorant
Not my problem
Bu don't expect much respect if you do.

You want to talk about hand guns and gun laws and crime rates and so
on.

It's that I'm more than happy to try to educate the ignorati such as you
who apparently imagine that spouting ignorant cant is OK...

I know nothing about guns, and don't want them in my neighborhoods as
long as I can help it. I'd prefer that NO ONE had a gun except the
police.

So you're a fan of a police state ?
You should go watch Schindler's List
That's about a country where ONLY the police and military had the guns
Didn't turn out too well for millions of people
Same is true for the Soviet and Maos' China.
You should try to learn from history.

So, I'm blissfully ignorant about guns and I want to stay that way, and
I'm certainly not going to engage in an argument about hand guns that
I'm going to lose an make myself look stupid for even arguing something
I don't know anything about.

That's OK, you already demonstrated that you're stump ignorant
The stupid part comes with willfully wanting to remain that way

I like the system we have in Canada where the police all have guns, any
one with a fairly clean criminal record can buy a rifle for hunting, and
easily concealed weapons are prohibited except if someone can prove
their need for one (like public prosecutors and judges).

So, no, I'm not getting into an arguement over guns.

Go argue with someone who wants to argue about guns. You'll find plenty
of people like that in here.

I'm not about "arguing"
I'm more about educating the ignorant
Too bad that you choose to remain ignorant

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 25 May 2013 20:42:38 +0200, nestork
wrote:

[...]

The usual hypocrisy where the elitists provide for themselves the
protection they deny to everyone else.

So, no, I'm not getting into an arguement over guns.

Go argue with someone who wants to argue about guns. You'll find plenty
of people like that in here.

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila Iskander View Post
I'm not about "arguing"
I'm more about educating the ignorant
Too bad that you choose to remain ignorant
Well, it appears that you've correctly assessed the situation, Attila.

This is a perfect example of being able to lead a horse to water, but not being able to make him drink.

Last edited by nestork : May 26th 13 at 07:18 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

'Ashton Crusher[_2_ Wrote:
[...]

Absurd. The average bank robbery nets much less than $4,000. If you
rob one bank, the chances of being caught are next to zero. Rob ten
and it's close to 100% (FBI gets cranky) and you've only grossed $40K.
That's *NOT* "professional" territory.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The cop on my beat carries a handgun and extra ammunition. He also carries a
Taser, chemical spray, and a baton. He has a 5-cell flashlight that can be
used as either an offensive or defensive weapon. He probably has a wicked
knife in his pocket that I can't see.

As a final consideration, he has a radio to summon the calvary.

Now ask yourself: he's lugging all that hardware around to protect exactly
whom - the average citizen (me) or himself?

Is he a Democrat or a Republican? Progressive or conservative?

He's a beat cop. Need you ask?