Posted to rec.woodworking
20062304277

Default OOPS: Casualty Reports: ONE SOLDIER KILLED, FOUR WOUNDED A Task Force Band of Brothers' Soldier from the 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division was killed and four others injured

Casualty Reports: ONE SOLDIER KILLED, FOUR WOUNDED

NEWS RELEASE
HEADQUARTERS UNITED STATES CENTRAL COMMAND
7115 South Boundary Boulevard
MacDill AFB, Fla. 33621-5101
Phone: (813) 827-5894; FAX: (813) 827-2211; DSN 651-5894

Title:ONE SOLDIER KILLED, FOUR WOUNDED

Release Date:3/8/2006

Release Number:06-03-08CP

1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division was killed and four others
injured in an improvised explosive device attack on their patrol near Tall
Afar early morning March 7.

Three of the injured Soldiers were taken to a nearby military hospital. A
fourth Soldier was treated and returned to duty.

The name of the deceased Soldier is being withheld pending next of kin
notification.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bobby

One day Solomon decided to humble Benaiah ben Yehoyada, his most
trusted minister. He said to him, "Benaiah, there is a certain ring
that I want you to bring to me. I wish to wear it for Sukkot which
gives you six months to find it."

"If it exists anywhere on earth, your majesty," replied Benaiah, "I
will find it and bring it to you, but what makes the ring so special?"

"It has magic powers," answered the king. "If a happy man looks at it,
he becomes sad, and if a sad man looks at it, he becomes happy."
Solomon knew that no such ring existed in the world, but he wished to
give his minister a little taste of humility.

Spring passed and then summer, and still Benaiah had no idea where he
could find the ring. On the night before Sukkot, he decided to take a
walk in one of he poorest quarters of Jerusalem. He passed by a
merchant who had begun to set out the day's wares on a shabby carpet.
"Have you by any chance heard of a magic ring that makes the happy
wearer forget his joy and the broken-hearted wearer forget his
sorrows?" asked Benaiah.

He watched the grandfather take a plain gold ring from his carpet and
engrave something on it. When Benaiah read the words on the ring, his
face broke out in a wide smile.

That night the entire city welcomed in the holiday of Sukkot with great
festivity. "Well, my friend," said Solomon, "have you found what I sent
you after?" All the ministers laughed and Solomon himself smiled.

To everyone's surprise, Benaiah held up a small gold ring and declared,
"Here it is, your majesty!" As soon as Solomon read the inscription,
the smile vanished from his face. The jeweler had written three Hebrew
letters on the gold band: _gimel, zayin, yud_, which began the words
"_Gam zeh ya'avor_" -- "This too shall pass."

At that moment Solomon realized that all his wisdom and fabulous wealth
and tremendous power were but fleeting things, for one day he would be
nothing but dust.

Peace,
Bobby
USN (RET)

Posted to rec.woodworking
20062304277

"Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a
new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all
men are created equal. Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing
whether that nation or any nation so conceived and so dedicated can long
endure. We are met on a great battlefield of that war. We have come to
dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting-place for those who here
gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and
proper that we should do this. But in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we
cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground. The brave men, living and
dead who struggled here have consecrated it far above our poor power to add
or detract. The world will little note nor long remember what we say here,
but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living rather
to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have
thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the
great task remaining before us--that from these honored dead we take
increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure
of devotion--that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died
in vain, that this nation under God shall have a new birth of freedom, and
that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not
perish from the earth."

"Bobby" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking
Connor Aston

It is good to make Hay while the Sun shines.