Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The Cicadas are coming! The Cicadas are coming!,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...ef=mostpopular
or: http://preview.tinyurl.com/cn7ew34

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/7/2013 7:32 AM, willshak wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...ef=mostpopular

or: http://preview.tinyurl.com/cn7ew34

My barking rat Sandy will go nuts over the darn things when I let her go
outside. She takes off after squirrels and birds when she goes out,
it will be interesting how many bugs I have to pluck out of her fur. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/7/2013 7:32 AM, willshak wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...ef=mostpopular

or: http://preview.tinyurl.com/cn7ew34

My barking rat Sandy will go nuts over the darn things when I let her go
outside. She takes off after squirrels and birds when she goes out,
it will be interesting how many bugs I have to pluck out of her fur. ^_^

TDD

My previous dog, a full bread Springer Spaniel, loved the cicadas.
Should would munch up as many as she could find. We Googled it and they
are supposed to be tasty and pretty high in protein ... didn't try em.
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...e-coming-locus...

or:http://preview.tinyurl.com/cn7ew34

My barking rat Sandy will go nuts over the darn things when I let her go
outside. She takes off after squirrels and birds when she goes out,
it will be interesting how many bugs I have to pluck out of her fur. ^_^

TDD

When they molt, the skin they leave behind looks very much like a
complete cicada, including legs, feet, etc.

The molted skin will stick easily to just about any type of clothing.
You get some funny looks if you wear a couple while chatting with the
neighbors.

They're also very easy to stick to little kid's clothes. Some kids
think it's pretty cool, others (and their Moms) get a little freaked
out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

finger.net wrote:
On 5/7/2013 7:32 AM, willshak wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...e-coming-locus...

or:http://preview.tinyurl.com/cn7ew34

My barking rat Sandy will go nuts over the darn things when I let her go
outside. She takes off after squirrels and birds when she goes out,
it will be interesting how many bugs I have to pluck out of her fur. ^_^

TDD

When they molt, the skin they leave behind looks very much like a
complete cicada, including legs, feet, etc.

The molted skin will stick easily to just about any type of clothing.
You get some funny looks if you wear a couple while chatting with the
neighbors.

They're also very easy to stick to little kid's clothes. Some kids
think it's pretty cool, others (and their Moms) get a little freaked
out.

Before I grew up, the last time I got hold of some skins, I would toss a
handful at someone and watch them freak out at the critters stuck to
their clothing. ^_^

TDD