Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

Default Deere 5301 PTO

On 4/28/13 8:51 AM, Frank Thompson wrote:
How is the PTO clutch (not the clutch handle, rod, or lever) adjusted
on JD 5301 PTO?
In thick, but not tall, grass PTO shaft stops turning.

I'll cross post this to alt.home.repair There are a lot more
posters there. Do you mean a 5103?

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 4/28/2013 9:01 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 4/28/13 8:51 AM, Frank Thompson wrote:
How is the PTO clutch (not the clutch handle, rod, or lever) adjusted
on JD 5301 PTO?
In thick, but not tall, grass PTO shaft stops turning.

I'll cross post this to alt.home.repair There are a lot more posters
there. Do you mean a 5103?

Call your local Mr Green man--he's got all the manuals and I've yet to
see one who won't let you look at them and make copies of pertinent
pages, etc., ...

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

On 4/28/2013 10:01 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 4/28/13 8:51 AM, Frank Thompson wrote:
How is the PTO clutch (not the clutch handle, rod, or lever) adjusted
on JD 5301 PTO?
In thick, but not tall, grass PTO shaft stops turning.

I'll cross post this to alt.home.repair There are a lot more
posters there. Do you mean a 5103?

Don't know about the Deere,
but my simplicity is electronically activated. When my battery was dead
or dieing because of my voltage regulator not working properly it would
shut... if yours is similar check you electrical system.

Do you need to charge it???

--
Jeff
Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 4/28/2013 9:12 AM, dpb wrote:
On 4/28/2013 9:01 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 4/28/13 8:51 AM, Frank Thompson wrote:
How is the PTO clutch (not the clutch handle, rod, or lever) adjusted
on JD 5301 PTO?
In thick, but not tall, grass PTO shaft stops turning.

I'll cross post this to alt.home.repair There are a lot more posters
there. Do you mean a 5103?

Call your local Mr Green man--he's got all the manuals and I've yet to
see one who won't let you look at them and make copies of pertinent
pages, etc., ...

Can help...

http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePa geServlet_Alt

Exploded drawings online. Last I looked not all service manuals are
online unfortunately.

Doesn't seem to have changed...

http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/services_and_support/product_support/order_manuals_and_parts_catalogs/order_manuals_and_parts_catalogs.page?

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

On Apr 28, 3:01*pm, Dean Hoffman "
wrote:
On 4/28/13 8:51 AM, Frank Thompson wrote: How is the PTO clutch (not the *clutch handle, rod, or lever) adjusted
on JD 5301 PTO?
In thick, but not tall, grass PTO shaft stops turning.

* * I'll cross post this to alt.home.repair * *There are a lot more
posters there. *Do you mean a 5103?Ads not by this site

The last PTO I had anything to do with (Not JD) was adjusted
by tightening up a ring of bolts on the springs of a multiplate
clutch. Similar to some motorcycles.
Failed. The plates were oil contaminated & had to be replaced.
Tried cleaning with petrol but that didn't work.

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

*There are a lot more
posters there. *Do you mean a 5103?

Yes... my apologies for typo.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 09:55:21 -0500, dpb wrote in
Re Deere 5301 PTO:

Can help...

http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePa geServlet_Alt

Very nice and useful link. Thanks.