Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how to seal concrete patio

We have a concrete patio that gets rained on,
but is in the shadow of our huge oak tree... so it drys slowly.
There is also this blackish-greenish ting to the surface.

I would like to power wash it - which I do every so often,
but then is there any suggested sealer to apply to help minimize to slime,
and yet not make it a slick falling hazard when it rains ?

Lookng out the window - raining today -
I guess the same is true of our front sidewalk and driveway

--
/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/
No Good Deed -

Posted to alt.home.repair

ps56k wrote:
We have a concrete patio that gets rained on,
but is in the shadow of our huge oak tree... so it drys slowly.
There is also this blackish-greenish ting to the surface.

I would like to power wash it - which I do every so often,
but then is there any suggested sealer to apply to help minimize to slime,
and yet not make it a slick falling hazard when it rains ?

Lookng out the window - raining today -
I guess the same is true of our front sidewalk and driveway

They make concrete pool deck paint. Google it.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Senior Member

I would spill a bit of bleach on that concrete patio and see if the blackish green tinge disappears in the area the bleach was spilled. If so, then it's just a bit of mold growing on the concrete probably because of the organic material falling from the tree (like aphid and other bug crap). The bleach will kill the mold, but I expect that it'll eventually come back if there's food dropping from the tree onto the concrete pad.

Last edited by nestork : April 18th 13 at 03:20 AM