Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wickes Patio Seal-Beware

"stuart noble" wrote in message
Having power washed the patio last week, I slapped 10 litres of this stuff
down on our ancient, and very porous, slabs yesterday, but I have to say
the smell *inside* the house overnight was very unpleasant indeed.
"Contains white spirit" on the tin doesn't really convey the full horror
of this stuff. The COSH data suggests it consists entirely of benzene,
naptha, and xylene. Never again!

Just as well you weren't expecting a candle lit dinner!

(And didn't know you could buy benzene these days - though it was
commonplace in school labs once, where it smelt quite interesting...)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/08/2010 21:59, Spamlet wrote:
"stuart wrote in message
Having power washed the patio last week, I slapped 10 litres of this stuff
down on our ancient, and very porous, slabs yesterday, but I have to say
the smell *inside* the house overnight was very unpleasant indeed.
"Contains white spirit" on the tin doesn't really convey the full horror
of this stuff. The COSH data suggests it consists entirely of benzene,
naptha, and xylene. Never again!

Just as well you weren't expecting a candle lit dinner!

(And didn't know you could buy benzene these days - though it was
commonplace in school labs once, where it smelt quite interesting...)

I can still smell it (just). I don't know how the fumes of these
solvents behave, but it seemed like they just hung there like a mist.

Rubber seal for Patio screen door pkmicro[_2_] Home Repair 10 July 24th 08 11:23 AM
Patio Ideas - Stepping Out With Stone Patio Designs And Brick Patio Patterns trav Home Repair 1 September 24th 07 03:15 PM
To (re)seal or not to (re)seal granite counter tops? blueman Home Repair 11 July 31st 06 04:44 PM
Wickes patio doors mj UK diy 8 September 14th 04 08:19 PM
New Pella Proline Patio Door is frosting up along the seal edge No Spam Please Home Ownership 4 February 10th 04 04:21 AM