Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Interesting video. (WW2 restoration project).

http://videos2view.net/PT658.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/13/2013 12:04 PM, harry wrote:
http://videos2view.net/PT658.htm

It's amazing to see reaction of the old fellows who served when they get
on to a functioning boat, ship, vehicle or aircraft that they served
in/on during their military service. There are very few WWII vets left
and my contemporaries who served in Vietnam are dwindling. My older
brother did two tours in Vietnam and he's a 65 year old Green Beret who
still can't talk about some of the things he did and places he went. I
tried twice to join but was rejected for medical reasons but I did get
to do a very small part for the SDI (Star Wars) project back in the 80's
and I saw some of those old WWII locations out in the Pacific first
hand. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 4/13/2013 12:04 PM, harry wrote:
http://videos2view.net/PT658.htm

It's amazing to see reaction of the old fellows who served when they get
on to a functioning boat, ship, vehicle or aircraft that they served
in/on during their military service. There are very few WWII vets left
and my contemporaries who served in Vietnam are dwindling. My older
brother did two tours in Vietnam and he's a 65 year old Green Beret who
still can't talk about some of the things he did and places he went. I
tried twice to join but was rejected for medical reasons but I did get
to do a very small part for the SDI (Star Wars) project back in the 80's
and I saw some of those old WWII locations out in the Pacific first hand. ^_^

TDD

Amazing how long those boats are. I'd like to see one.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 4/13/2013 12:04 PM, harry wrote:
http://videos2view.net/PT658.htm

It's amazing to see reaction of the old fellows who served when they get
on to a functioning boat, ship, vehicle or aircraft that they served
in/on during their military service. There are very few WWII vets left
and my contemporaries who served in Vietnam are dwindling. My older
brother did two tours in Vietnam and he's a 65 year old Green Beret who
still can't talk about some of the things he did and places he went. I
tried twice to join but was rejected for medical reasons but I did get
to do a very small part for the SDI (Star Wars) project back in the 80's
and I saw some of those old WWII locations out in the Pacific first
hand. ^_^

TDD

How about me that choked up so much when boarding my old ship that I
couldn't speak to the guy welcoming me aboard?
It was 47 years after I left her.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/13/2013 8:25 PM, willshak wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
[...]

Both my parents are buried at Arlington National Cemetery because they
both served in The Army during WWII. My paternal great uncle was career
Army serving in The Signal Corps during WWII, Korea and Vietnam. I joked
that he served when The Signal Corps used two tin cans and a string for
a telephone. Of course my older brother served in The Army during the
war in Vietnam. I sort of wonder how my brother would react to a ride in
a Huey today? Anyway, welcome back sailor, thank you for being one of
the defenders of our freedom. ^_^

TDD