Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default OT Interesting video. (WW2 restoration project).

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 4/13/2013 12:04 PM, harry wrote:
http://videos2view.net/PT658.htm

It's amazing to see reaction of the old fellows who served when they get
on to a functioning boat, ship, vehicle or aircraft that they served
in/on during their military service. There are very few WWII vets left
and my contemporaries who served in Vietnam are dwindling. My older
brother did two tours in Vietnam and he's a 65 year old Green Beret who
still can't talk about some of the things he did and places he went. I
tried twice to join but was rejected for medical reasons but I did get
to do a very small part for the SDI (Star Wars) project back in the 80's
and I saw some of those old WWII locations out in the Pacific first
hand. ^_^

TDD

How about me that choked up so much when boarding my old ship that I
couldn't speak to the guy welcoming me aboard?
It was 47 years after I left her.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY