Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Jonathan Winters, RIP

He was one of my very favorite funny men, he didn't have to be foul and
profane like many of today's main stream P.L.L.C.F. approved comics. o_O

http://www.jonathanwinters.com/

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 12, 2013 2:32:14 PM UTC-5, The Daring Dufas wrote:
He was one of my very favorite funny men, he didn't have to be foul and

profane like many of today's main stream P.L.L.C.F. approved comics. o_O

http://www.jonathanwinters.com/

TDD

An amazing talent...I remember staying up late (on a school night) to see him on the Jack Paar/Tonight Show. You will be missed!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob_Villa" wrote in message
On Friday, April 12, 2013 2:32:14 PM UTC-5, The Daring Dufas wrote:
He was one of my very favorite funny men, he didn't have to be foul and

profane like many of today's main stream P.L.L.C.F. approved comics. o_O

http://www.jonathanwinters.com/

TDD

An amazing talent...I remember staying up late (on a school night) to see
him on the Jack Paar/Tonight Show. You will be missed!

Indeed. His characters hit home and he could turn any object he picked up
into something funny and amazing. I spent an evening last week just looking
at clips on YouTube.

Tomsic

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
He was one of my very favorite funny men, he didn't have
to be foul
and profane like many of today's main stream P.L.L.C.F.
approved
comics. o_O
http://www.jonathanwinters.com/

TDD

Another *true* treasure lost
RIP

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 14:32:14 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

He was one of my very favorite funny men, he didn't have to be foul and
profane like many of today's main stream P.L.L.C.F. approved comics. o_O

http://www.jonathanwinters.com/

TDD

Watching him, one can/could break out in laughter before the man even
said a word. He was hilarious. Just like Red Skelton.

Wasn't he bipolar?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

He was one of my very favorite funny men, he didn't have to be foul and
profane like many of today's main stream P.L.L.C.F. approved comics. o_O

http://www.jonathanwinters.com/

TDD

Watching him, one can/could break out in laughter before the man even
said a word. He was hilarious. Just like Red Skelton.

Wasn't he bipolar?

He had "issues", but don't all "good" comedians?

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ9N7oCKC1E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apHZKlQJI_c
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

He was one of my very favorite funny men, he didn't have to be foul and
profane like many of today's main stream P.L.L.C.F. approved comics. o_O

http://www.jonathanwinters.com/

TDD

I agree. It takes talent to be clean and funny.

A lot of people will laugh at any mention of a profane word, so it
doesn't take much talent to entertain them if one is willing to use
profanity. .

Married for 60 years to one woman, until she died.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Winters
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 12, 2013 3:32:14 PM UTC-4, The Daring Dufas wrote:
He was one of my very favorite funny men, he didn't have to be foul and

profane like many of today's main stream P.L.L.C.F. approved comics. o_O

http://www.jonathanwinters.com/

TDD

Capitalist bag of ****.
Posted to alt.home.repair

US Judges are the enemy wrote:

Capitalist bag of ****.

That would be Rush Limbaugh.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/12/2013 10:40 PM, US Judges are the enemy wrote:
On Friday, April 12, 2013 3:32:14 PM UTC-4, The Daring Dufas wrote:
He was one of my very favorite funny men, he didn't have to be foul and

profane like many of today's main stream P.L.L.C.F. approved comics. o_O

http://www.jonathanwinters.com/

TDD

Capitalist bag of ****.

My, my, what a nice pleasant person you are. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 13, 2013 12:40:24 AM UTC-4, The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 4/12/2013 10:40 PM, US Judges are the enemy wrote:

On Friday, April 12, 2013 3:32:14 PM UTC-4, The Daring Dufas wrote:

He was one of my very favorite funny men, he didn't have to be foul and

profane like many of today's main stream P.L.L.C.F. approved comics. o_O

http://www.jonathanwinters.com/

TDD

Capitalist bag of ****.

My, my, what a nice pleasant person you are. ^_^

TDD

Yuo capitalist bag of **** you think kindness is a sign for weakness.

Bring the mother ****ing war home to destroy the department of labor
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/12/2013 10:40 PM, US Judges are the enemy wrote:
On Friday, April 12, 2013 3:32:14 PM UTC-4, The Daring Dufas wrote:
He was one of my very favorite funny men, he didn't have to be foul and

profane like many of today's main stream P.L.L.C.F. approved comics. o_O

http://www.jonathanwinters.com/

TDD

Capitalist bag of ****.

My, my, what a nice pleasant person you are. ^_^

TDD

Note he denounces Capitalism while typing on a computer.... on the
internet.

FWIW: I only thought Jonathan Winters was funny when I was in grade
school. Same with Cosby.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:02:18 AM UTC-5, gonjah wrote:

FWIW: I only thought Jonathan Winters was funny when I was in grade

school. Same with Cosby.

As far as being pioneers of comedy in television, Lucille Ball, Red Skelton, and Carol Burnett have to be named.
For me, Carol is the one that was always fresh...her shows are still funny today.
Jonathan Winters, I always found entertaining.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/13/2013 7:20 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:02:18 AM UTC-5, gonjah wrote:

FWIW: I only thought Jonathan Winters was funny when I was in grade

school. Same with Cosby.

As far as being pioneers of comedy in television, Lucille Ball, Red Skelton, and Carol Burnett have to be named.
For me, Carol is the one that was always fresh...her shows are still funny today.
Jonathan Winters, I always found entertaining.

Really FUNNY comedians:

Steven Wright
Jim Gaffigan
Brian Regan
Henny Youngman
Rodney Dangerfield

etc...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/13/2013 7:20 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:02:18 AM UTC-5, gonjah wrote:

FWIW: I only thought Jonathan Winters was funny when I was in grade

school. Same with Cosby.

As far as being pioneers of comedy in television, Lucille Ball, Red Skelton, and Carol Burnett have to be named.
For me, Carol is the one that was always fresh...her shows are still funny today.
Jonathan Winters, I always found entertaining.

Do you ever remember reading anything in the newspaper about those folks
being arrested for drunk driving, tearing up a hotel room, getting into
fights at night clubs or assaulting paparazzi? They were
a very different sort of entertainer than we have these days. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/13/2013 7:20 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:02:18 AM UTC-5, gonjah wrote:

FWIW: I only thought Jonathan Winters was funny when I was in grade

school. Same with Cosby.

As far as being pioneers of comedy in television, Lucille Ball, Red
Skelton, and Carol Burnett have to be named.
For me, Carol is the one that was always fresh...her shows are still
funny today.
Jonathan Winters, I always found entertaining.

Do you ever remember reading anything in the newspaper about those folks
being arrested for drunk driving, tearing up a hotel room, getting into
fights at night clubs or assaulting paparazzi? They were
a very different sort of entertainer than we have these days. o_O

TDD

Hollywood and the press used to have an unwritten agreement until it was
more profitable to deal in smut. Blame the readers, not the entertainers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

He was one of my very favorite funny men, he didn't have to be foul and
profane like many of today's main stream P.L.L.C.F. approved comics.

My favorite Winters role was a "straight" one -- playing a deceased
"Minnesota Fats" type pool champ, who comes back from the dead to
satisfy a challenge from a young turk (played by Jack Klugman).

Excellent Twilight Zone episode, available free for viewing on the net...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 07:02:18 -0500, gonjah wrote:

On 4/12/2013 10:40 PM, US Judges are the enemy wrote:
On Friday, April 12, 2013 3:32:14 PM UTC-4, The Daring Dufas wrote:
He was one of my very favorite funny men, he didn't have to be foul and

profane like many of today's main stream P.L.L.C.F. approved comics. o_O

http://www.jonathanwinters.com/

TDD

Capitalist bag of ****.

My, my, what a nice pleasant person you are. ^_^

TDD

Note he denounces Capitalism while typing on a computer.... on the
internet.

FWIW: I only thought Jonathan Winters was funny when I was in grade
school. Same with Cosby.

Winters remained so. Cosby, not so much.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/13/13 7:02 AM, gonjah wrote:

FWIW: I only thought Jonathan Winters was funny when I was in grade
school. Same with Cosby.

It's too bad our Prez isn't echoing some of Cosby's comments more.
Transcript of Cosby's speech at the NAACP: http://tinyurl.com/79lsr
I still think Cosby's Fat Albert bit is funny. It might because
bachelors go straight from our first childhood directly into our second.
There isn't that rude interruption of adulthood in between.

Jonathan Ross alan.holmes UK diy 3 April 12th 09 08:27 PM
Jonathan Ross alan.holmes UK diy 0 April 12th 09 02:53 PM
Solar screens removal in winters dk9117 Home Repair 3 November 15th 08 07:30 PM
Jonathan Reckford [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 16th 07 01:56 PM
How to winterize Pool skimmer (cold winters in Toronto) NewGuy Home Repair 5 October 14th 04 01:16 PM