Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Jonathan Winters, RIP

On 4/13/2013 7:20 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:02:18 AM UTC-5, gonjah wrote:

FWIW: I only thought Jonathan Winters was funny when I was in grade

school. Same with Cosby.

As far as being pioneers of comedy in television, Lucille Ball, Red Skelton, and Carol Burnett have to be named.
For me, Carol is the one that was always fresh...her shows are still funny today.
Jonathan Winters, I always found entertaining.

Do you ever remember reading anything in the newspaper about those folks
being arrested for drunk driving, tearing up a hotel room, getting into
fights at night clubs or assaulting paparazzi? They were
a very different sort of entertainer than we have these days. o_O

TDD