Posted to alt.home.repair
gonjah[_3_] gonjah[_3_] is offline

Default OT, Jonathan Winters, RIP

On 4/13/2013 7:20 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:02:18 AM UTC-5, gonjah wrote:

FWIW: I only thought Jonathan Winters was funny when I was in grade

school. Same with Cosby.

As far as being pioneers of comedy in television, Lucille Ball, Red
Skelton, and Carol Burnett have to be named.
For me, Carol is the one that was always fresh...her shows are still
funny today.
Jonathan Winters, I always found entertaining.

Do you ever remember reading anything in the newspaper about those folks
being arrested for drunk driving, tearing up a hotel room, getting into
fights at night clubs or assaulting paparazzi? They were
a very different sort of entertainer than we have these days. o_O

TDD

Hollywood and the press used to have an unwritten agreement until it was
more profitable to deal in smut. Blame the readers, not the entertainers.