Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Welcome to Amerika

Not much freedom left here.

Washington sues florist who said no to a same-sex wedding
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-washington-gay-wedding-florist-arlene-20130410,0,5981622.story
Posted to alt.home.repair

You think? What would have happened if a Muslim shop refused to serve a Jew?
Or if a gay couple refused to do flowers for a straight couple?
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"JoeBro" wrote in message
Not much freedom left here.

Washington sues florist who said no to a same-sex wedding
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-washington-gay-wedding-florist-arlene-20130410,0,5981622.story

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

JoeBro wrote in
:

Not much freedom left here.

Washington sues florist who said no to a same-sex wedding
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...shington-gay-w
edding-florist-arlene-20130410,0,5981622.story

I don't think a priest/church/religious person should be forced to
officiate at a wedding that he/she/it disagrees with on religious
principles.

I think a wedding is going into a legal contract that should be performed
by a justice of the peace or someone with the same authority.
Separately, or concomitantly, the religious aspects of a wedding should
be done in/with a religious institution with which there is mutual
acceptance of the views of all involved.

The purchasing/sale of flowers to the public is not a religious ceremony.
Therefore, flowers should be available to any person or institution
willing to pay the price of the flower seller. As a matter of fact,
other than the performance of religious acts, I cannot see anything that
would be subject to the religious views of the "seller".

With all due respect to the religious views of people on this group,
health insurance benefits issued by a religiously affiliated institution
(especially one receiving US Federal funds) are also out of bounds of
religiously conceived objections.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10 Apr 2013 21:07:52 GMT, Han wrote:

With all due respect to the religious views of people on this group,
health insurance benefits issued by a religiously affiliated institution
(especially one receiving US Federal funds) are also out of bounds of
religiously conceived objections.

That is your opinion, not mine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/10/2013 4:07 PM, Han wrote:
JoeBro wrote in
:

[...]

Whew! I'm glad I can demand service from the Orthodox Jewish florist for
my Nazi themed wedding! ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Han" wrote in message
JoeBro wrote in
:

[...]

What ever happened to to the right of a business owner to refuse service to
anyone?

Posted to alt.home.repair

That's fine, and the Jewish bankers can demand
service from the Muslim owned business, too.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

Whew! I'm glad I can demand service from the Orthodox Jewish florist for
my Nazi themed wedding! ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Same as the rest of our rights. Someone was
offended, contacted the government, and the
Nation's Leaders tried to make their feelings
better.

Only works if you're a protected minority.
For example, the KKK can't refuse membership
to blacks, that's discriminitory. But, the NAACP
can refuse whites, that's their right.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"ChairMan" wrote in message

What ever happened to to the right of a
business owner to refuse service to
anyone?

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeBro wrote in
:

Not much freedom left here.

Washington sues florist who said no to a same-sex wedding
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...shington-gay-w
edding-florist-arlene-20130410,0,5981622.story

I thought slavery was outlawed in 1865.

--
Tegger
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10 Apr 2013 21:07:52 GMT, Han wrote:

The purchasing/sale of flowers to the public is not a religious ceremony.
Therefore, flowers should be available to any person or institution
willing to pay the price of the flower seller.

Absolutely correct. A business should also be able to NOT sell to
anyone they don't want to do business with for any reason.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Gordon Shumway wrote in
:

On 10 Apr 2013 21:07:52 GMT, Han wrote:

With all due respect to the religious views of people on this group,
health insurance benefits issued by a religiously affiliated institution
(especially one receiving US Federal funds) are also out of bounds of
religiously conceived objections.

That is your opinion, not mine.

As I said, I respect other opinions ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

"ChairMan" wrote in
:

"Han" wrote in message
JoeBro wrote in
:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...washington-gay
[...]

Apparently, it depends:
https://www.legalzoom.com/us-law/equal-rights/right-refuse-service

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

On 10 Apr 2013 21:07:52 GMT, Han wrote:
The purchasing/sale of flowers to the public is not a religious
ceremony. Therefore, flowers should be available to any person or
institution willing to pay the price of the flower seller.

Absolutely correct. A business should also be able to NOT sell to
anyone they don't want to do business with for any reason.

Whether you like it or not, Ed, there are limits:
https://www.legalzoom.com/us-law/equal-rights/right-refuse-service

--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid
Posted to alt.home.repair

"ChairMan" wrote in
:

"Han" wrote in message
JoeBro wrote in
:

Not much freedom left here.

Washington sues florist who said no to a same-sex wedding
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...washington-gay
-w edding-florist-arlene-20130410,0,5981622.story

What ever happened to to the right of a business owner to refuse
service to anyone?

It got thrown out with the garbage when Amerika became a police state.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Substitute "rights" for "garbage" and I'll agree.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"JoeBro" wrote in message
. 160...
Washington sues florist who said no to a same-sex wedding

What ever happened to to the right of a business owner to refuse
service to anyone?

It got thrown out with the garbage when Amerika became a police state.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 10, 11:08*pm, "ChairMan" wrote:
"Han" wrote in message

JoeBro wrote in
0:

[...]

Well they can refuse to serve anyone in the UK, no reason need be
given.
But see this.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ight.html?oo=0
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 23:18:48 +0000 (UTC), Tegger
wrote:

JoeBro wrote in
0:

Not much freedom left here.

Washington sues florist who said no to a same-sex wedding
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...shington-gay-w
edding-florist-arlene-20130410,0,5981622.story

I thought slavery was outlawed in 1865.

Any clue what Monday is?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/10/2013 6:18 PM, Tegger wrote:
JoeBro wrote in
:

Not much freedom left here.

Washington sues florist who said no to a same-sex wedding
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...shington-gay-w
edding-florist-arlene-20130410,0,5981622.story

I thought slavery was outlawed in 1865.

Slavery, though illegal everywhere, still exists all over the world even
underground in The United States. The last real holdout is the
country of Mauritania in West Africa. Ironic that slavery still exists
in of all places, Africa. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 20:17:50 -0400, wrote:

I thought slavery was outlawed in 1865.

Any clue what Monday is?

The day I get my refund back? g
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 12, 2:46*am, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net wrote:
On 4/10/2013 6:18 PM, Tegger wrote:

JoeBro wrote in
0:

Not much freedom left here.

Washington sues florist who said no to a same-sex wedding
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...shington-gay-w
edding-florist-arlene-20130410,0,5981622.story

I thought slavery was outlawed in 1865.

Slavery, though illegal everywhere, still exists all over the world even
underground in The United States. The last real holdout is the
country of Mauritania in West Africa. Ironic that slavery still exists
in of all places, Africa. o_O

TDD

Big business here in the UK & the rest of Europe. Often linked to
prostitution and sweat shop labour.
E. European criminal gangs bring in girls from E.Europe and elsewhere.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2013-04-12, The Daring Dufas wrote:

country of Mauritania in West Africa. Ironic that slavery still exists
in of all places, Africa. o_O

Ragheads. Figures.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2013-04-12, The Daring Dufas wrote:

country of Mauritania in West Africa. Ironic that slavery still exists
in of all places, Africa. o_O

Ragheads. Figures.

nb

Oooo dat's racist! o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 12, 2013 10:05:29 AM UTC-4, wrote:
So you let them keep your money, interest free, for the year? So did
I (I think - haven't even started) but I screwed up. I usually pay
between $2000 and $6000. I'd rather owe it to them than have to beat
it out of them. ;-)

I got no choice. There's no legal number of exemptions I can put on my withholding statement that will keep the Fed from keeping some of my money for a year.

My refund amounts to about $150 per paycheck. I changed withholding to 1. I got $35 in the next paycheck.

After changing it to 2, I got $55 in the next paycheck.

After changing it to 3, I got $65 in the next paycheck.

By the rate of diminishing returns I would need to set my withholding to about 27 to break even. Then I'd have the IRS all up in my grille wondering where my 27 kids were.

Welcome to Amerika JoeBro Home Repair 19 April 9th 13 11:24 AM
OT-Occupy Amerika azotic[_4_] Metalworking 3 October 11th 11 02:14 PM
Coming soon to Amerika... Jim Thompson Electronic Schematics 0 August 29th 09 04:42 PM