Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Automotive News

Where have all the best shops gone

I used to be a proper old school shopper. I used to look for the best shops, demand great service and a wide selection of products. I liked going out for shopping but then I found the world of online shopping. I know that it may sound a bit corny but I really love the fact that in online shopping world you have so much more selection and knowledge about the products than in a physical shop.

One rare shopping experience that I have every now and then is when I go shopping for summer tires. This is something that has become really a fun journey for me. You can find so much information about summer tires and you have such a good selection of tires when you shop online.

Read more at: http://www.newsalbum.com/Article/202...est-shops-gone
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 6:13:12 AM UTC-5, Jordan Ford wrote:
Where have all the best shops gone

I used to be a proper old school shopper. I used to look for the best shops, demand great service and a wide selection of products. I liked going out for shopping but then I found the world of online shopping. I know that it may sound a bit corny but I really love the fact that in online shopping world you have so much more selection and knowledge about the products than in a physical shop.

One rare shopping experience that I have every now and then is when I go shopping for summer tires. This is something that has become really a fun journey for me. You can find so much information about summer tires and you have such a good selection of tires when you shop online.

Read more at: http://www.newsalbum.com/Article/202...est-shops-gone

We have nasty winters here...but I don't know of anyone who buys summer/winter tires! Either they have a car with all-season tires or they drive an SUV or truck with huge tires!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 04:26:46 -0700 (PDT), Bob_Villa
wrote:

[...]

When I lived in Vermont, I had snow tires for all the cars and had
them mounted every year (I did have an extra set of wheels for one
car). I didn't bother with my truck because it's an off-road model
with 4WD (comes with fairly aggressive tires).
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 04:13:12 -0700 (PDT), Jordan Ford
wrote:

Where have all the best shops gone

I used to be a proper old school shopper. I used to look for the best shops, demand great service and a wide selection of products. I liked going out for shopping but then I found the world of online shopping. I know that it may sound a bit corny but I really love the fact that in online shopping world you have so much more selection and knowledge about the products than in a physical shop.

One rare shopping experience that I have every now and then is when I go shopping for summer tires. This is something that has become really a fun journey for me. You can find so much information about summer tires and you have such a good selection of tires when you shop online.

Read more at: http://www.newsalbum.com/Article/202...est-shops-gone

And when you need a repair they send a screwdriver over the internet
and you find out how much or little they online shop really does know.

The beaty of the internet is there is so much "information" on line -
but finding the good stuff is "like sifting fly-**** from pepper"
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Here in Ontario, a very LARGE number of drivers have returned to
"purpose built" tires. The so-called all-season tire is really a
no-season tire - or at best a 2 season tire. Pretty decent spring and
fall tire - pretty poor winter tire, and sub-standard summer touring
tire. With the all seasons on the Taurus it is understood that on a
bad day it stays on the driveway and Mama stays in where it's warm.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/3/2013 7:26 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:
[...]

You do know you are responding to a spammer?