Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Automotive News

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 04:26:46 -0700 (PDT), Bob_Villa
wrote:

On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 6:13:12 AM UTC-5, Jordan Ford wrote:
Where have all the best shops gone

I used to be a proper old school shopper. I used to look for the best shops, demand great service and a wide selection of products. I liked going out for shopping but then I found the world of online shopping. I know that it may sound a bit corny but I really love the fact that in online shopping world you have so much more selection and knowledge about the products than in a physical shop.

One rare shopping experience that I have every now and then is when I go shopping for summer tires. This is something that has become really a fun journey for me. You can find so much information about summer tires and you have such a good selection of tires when you shop online.

Read more at: http://www.newsalbum.com/Article/202...est-shops-gone

We have nasty winters here...but I don't know of anyone who buys summer/winter tires! Either they have a car with all-season tires or they drive an SUV or truck with huge tires!

Here in Ontario, a very LARGE number of drivers have returned to
"purpose built" tires. The so-called all-season tire is really a
no-season tire - or at best a 2 season tire. Pretty decent spring and
fall tire - pretty poor winter tire, and sub-standard summer touring
tire. With the all seasons on the Taurus it is understood that on a
bad day it stays on the driveway and Mama stays in where it's warm.