Posted to alt.home.repair

Default generic name for shelving system

Moin

I am looking for a supplier of wall-rail shelving systems silimar to the
one shown in http://element-system.com/en.html, but in Singapore.

I specifically want wall-rails that are double-slot and work with
single-slot arms (so that I can place two selves next to another at same
height w/o needing two rails).

I have a hard time time finding these types of shelves locally and
wonder whether in my searches I am just using the wrong names/type
descriptions.

Are there any other names for these shelves that i maybe should include
in my searches? Names how different brands call this may also help.

Furthermore, i am interested in whether there are any standards
for these (slot length/width/size, -distance) that I may want to
use so that I can later match arms and other attachments from different
manufacturers to the rails that I mount?

Brands for these types of shelves (if any) I would also be interested in.

any info is appreciated

(also if there are any other newgroups/forums where I may get this
kind of info)

tia
mathias
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 14:15:27 +0800, Mathias K?rber
wrote:

[...]

The photo looks like melamine board to me. Hard to say for sure.

This link has a select box for Hong Kong.

http://www.alibaba.com/catalogs/products/CID100005243

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/30/13 2:15 AM, Mathias KÅ‘rber wrote:
[...]

here is a link to a Chinese manufacturer of the wall brackets.

http://gdchfan.en.alibaba.com/collec...bracket/1.html

You might try to contact them to see if they have a retailer in Singapore

One brand name in the US is "Rubbermaid".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 30, 1:15Â*am, Mathias KÅ‘rber wrote:
[...]

any info Â*is appreciated

(also if there are any other newgroups/forums where I may get this
kind of info)

tia
mathias

Never seen a double rail, I just use two vertical supports right next
to each other. If they both have to be screwed into the same vertical
2x4 behind the wall covering, I angle the screws so each one gets a
good grip into the 2x4.

Shelving system Stephen Gower UK diy 5 June 21st 09 09:05 PM
Shelving system: new to me [email protected] Woodworking 0 March 7th 07 01:45 AM
Shelving [email protected] UK diy 10 July 30th 06 08:31 AM
Element shelving system in Salford/Manchester JustMe UK diy 3 December 18th 05 09:31 PM
Shelving... Marcus Fox UK diy 7 May 26th 04 10:08 AM