Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default generic name for shelving system

On Mar 30, 1:15Â*am, Mathias KÅ‘rber wrote:
Moin

I am looking for a supplier of wall-rail shelving systems silimar to the
one shown inhttp://element-system.com/en.html, but in Singapore.

I specifically want wall-rails that are double-slot and work with
single-slot arms (so that I can place two selves next to another at same
height w/o needing two rails).

I have a hard time time finding these types of shelves locally and
wonder whether in my searches I am just using the wrong names/type
descriptions.

Are there any other names for these shelves that i maybe should include
in my searches? Names how different brands call this may also help.

Furthermore, i am interested in whether there are any standards
for these (slot length/width/size, -distance) that I may want to
use so that I can later match arms and other attachments from different
manufacturers to the rails that I mount?

Brands for these types of shelves (if any) I would also be interested in.

any info Â*is appreciated

(also if there are any other newgroups/forums where I may get this
kind of info)

tia
mathias

Never seen a double rail, I just use two vertical supports right next
to each other. If they both have to be screwed into the same vertical
2x4 behind the wall covering, I angle the screws so each one gets a
good grip into the 2x4.