Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shelving system

In our outside loo there's a set of shelves, the type with vertical rails on
the wall which the shelf brackets slot into. We'd like to add a shelf, the
trouble is that this is not the shelf system sold by the nearest shops, B&Q
and Wilkinsons (both walking distance). The holes in the rails for the
bracket system are a blocked triangle (pointing down) shape. My best
attemptat ASCII art (make sure you're using a monospaced font!) for the hole
is:

___________
|_ _|
|_ _|
|_|

Any idea where we can get brackets for this?

Selah
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:39:55 +0100 (BST), Stephen Gower
had this to say:

In our outside loo there's a set of shelves, the type with vertical rails on
the wall which the shelf brackets slot into. We'd like to add a shelf, the
trouble is that this is not the shelf system sold by the nearest shops, B&Q
and Wilkinsons (both walking distance). The holes in the rails for the
bracket system are a blocked triangle (pointing down) shape. My best
attemptat ASCII art (make sure you're using a monospaced font!) for the hole
is:

___________
|_ _|
|_ _|
|_|

Any idea where we can get brackets for this?

Hmm - I think that sort's been discontinued, since Span went tits-up
and everybody's using their system.
Certainly I haven't seen the above sort for a long time, but some
smallish ironmongers may have some left.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Any idea where we can get brackets for this?

Hmm - I think that sort's been discontinued, since Span went tits-up
and everybody's using their system.
Certainly I haven't seen the above sort for a long time, but some
smallish ironmongers may have some left.

And to make matters worse there were at least 3 varieties of that design
with brackets which are not interchangeable: we've got some of each
here

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:39:55 +0100, Stephen Gower wrote:
Any idea where we can get brackets for this?

I think I asked either on my local newsgroup or local Freecycle list a few
years back when I wanted some (I was having no luck finding them new,
even then). I ended up with quite a few offers from people who were
replacing old shelving and were about to just throw their old brackets
out.

Throw a photo or two up on a temp site and just direct folk to it in your
posting.

cheers

Jules

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
says...

___________
|_ _|
|_ _|
|_|

Any idea where we can get brackets for this?

You can still buy it from this company. I've used them myself and they
were very good

http://www.spurshelving.co.uk/

Regards

Graham

Shelving system: new to me [email protected] Woodworking 0 March 7th 07 01:45 AM
Shelving [email protected] UK diy 10 July 30th 06 08:31 AM
Element shelving system in Salford/Manchester JustMe UK diy 3 December 18th 05 09:31 PM
Shelving... Marcus Fox UK diy 7 May 26th 04 10:08 AM
shelving Sharma UK diy 9 November 18th 03 07:34 AM