Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Inside The Mind Of An Internet Troll

Let me guess? A government funded study?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
Believe it or not, there are studies of Internet Trolls going on in an
effort to explain their behavior. Personally, I do it for entertainment
and not to be malicious but there are those people......

What's your excuse? ^_^

http://news.discovery.com/videos/ins...net-trolls.htm

http://tinyurl.com/af5dl34

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2013 4:48 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Go suck your Metamucil bottle, you blue gummed
vegetable. Have your nurse bring you a new Depends.

How's about ten AM to go rewire that store?
Meet you there?

My physician friend gave me a prescription for Meloxicam today where I
take only one tablet a day for the inflammation in my joints. I got it a
few hours ago and it's working along with Tramadol. I may actually be
able to do some work tomorrow! I may run out of breath but there is no
sensation of a dagger being thrust into the center of my chest. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Wouldn't want you to be deprived. I'll bring a
dagger, tomorrow. Maple stake, and BFH, too.

Glad something is helping. I used Tramadol
(which I fondly call Damnital) for a wicked
tooth ache, years ago.

I guess you're beyond what Ibuprophen will help?
I gulp a lot of Ibu while on the job.

You gonna pay me this time, fish breath?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

My physician friend gave me a prescription for Meloxicam today where I
take only one tablet a day for the inflammation in my joints. I got it a
few hours ago and it's working along with Tramadol. I may actually be
able to do some work tomorrow! I may run out of breath but there is no
sensation of a dagger being thrust into the center of my chest. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2013 9:33 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Wouldn't want you to be deprived. I'll bring a
dagger, tomorrow. Maple stake, and BFH, too.

Glad something is helping. I used Tramadol
(which I fondly call Damnital) for a wicked
tooth ache, years ago.

I guess you're beyond what Ibuprophen will help?
I gulp a lot of Ibu while on the job.

You gonna pay me this time, fish breath?

Take it easy on the ibuprofen skunk butt, it can cause chest pains just
like the naproxen sodium I was taking. The problem was the dosage, I
once took only a few a day but when I'd push myself a bit too hard, my
joints would complain and I started taking more. I despise having to
take drugs and wish I didn't. o_O

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Baah, not been an issue for me, you old
poly belted retread. Maybe that's account
of all the other chemicals you pour into your
out of warranty body?

Bet you wish you had my youth and good
looks?

BTW. Drugs are for pleasure. Medicine is
for sickness or pains. I don't take drugs.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

Take it easy on the ibuprofen skunk butt, it can cause chest pains just
like the naproxen sodium I was taking. The problem was the dosage, I
once took only a few a day but when I'd push myself a bit too hard, my
joints would complain and I started taking more. I despise having to
take drugs and wish I didn't. o_O

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2013 2:31 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
The Daring Dufas writes:

On 3/15/2013 1:22 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
The Daring Dufas writes:

On 3/15/2013 10:33 AM, Dan Espen wrote:
The Daring Dufas writes:

Believe it or not, there are studies of Internet Trolls going on
in an
effort to explain their behavior. Personally, I do it for
entertainment
and not to be malicious but there are those people......

What's your excuse? ^_^

http://news.discovery.com/videos/ins...net-trolls.htm

http://tinyurl.com/af5dl34

So, you don't think trolling is malicious, you think it's fun.

That's sad.

You seem to lack any compassion for anyone but yourself.

Think that's harsh? Ask yourself, you apparently are having fun,
do you really think the rest of us enjoy your idiocy?

When have I ever been malicious toward "you"?

You don't have to be malicious toward me.
Because I have compassion for people other than myself.
Including you.
Sorry to hear about your medical issues.
I know those kinds of problems can cause un-directed anger,
but it's no excuse.

You wouldn't treat strangers in real life like you do here.

Still think it's sad.

Dan you have no idea how hard I work at NOT lashing out when I'm in
blinding pain or feeling ill, it's good practice. I have dear friends
with diametrically opposing views and we argue and call each other
terrible names but at the end of the day if one of them needs help
with
something, all they have to do is pick up the phone, call me and I'll
come limping as fast as I can. Perhaps that's something you'll never
experience or understand? ^_^

And why do you say that?

I'm sure you are a decent person in real life.
I said as much above plus I believe the various posts
where you've described your good deeds.

I'm in pretty much perfect shape despite being over 65
but I'm close to people with serious medical issues.
As I just said, I know these problems can cause un-directed
anger.

No one on the internet caused your problems and
putting up with trolls is not fun for the rest of us.
I'm following this group to read about home repair,
so enough of this.

Well Dan, if I ever write anything that upsets you, I apologize but you
must understand that the conversations in this group are no different
than what you may hear from the scruffy looking reprobates at any supply
house. Any post I write that's not referring to home repair is always
marked "OT" Off Topic since many of us creatures like to discus
different things. It's very easy to filter Off Topic posts so you never
see them and I don't want anyone to to get upset when they have a means
to avoid it. If you tell me which news reader you're using, perhaps I
can tell you how to filter OT posts or even any of my posts. ^_^

TDD

You seem to be missing the point. This is a home repair newsgroup. Folks
who come here are looking for that sort of content. If you want to
complain and be negative about your issues take it to an appropriate venue.

It isn't up to everyone else to set up filters or whatever to avoid you
or others. I gave you the example before. You are in a movie theater to
see a movie and someone starts to act inappropriately. It isn't up to
everyone else to leave because you don't get basic social rules.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas writes:

[...]

Oh George, how often has someone forced you to view something that was
marked "OT" Off Topic? You remind me of the little old ladies who are
channel selector impaired. "Oh my God Myrtle! There are naked women on
cable channel 14! Call all the girls from the church group and tell
them! We're going to start a protest, call the preacher, call the,
Mayor, call the Governor, tell everyone there are naked women on cable
channel 14! We must put a stop to this!" Perhaps you are selfish and
don't want to share or perhaps you claim ownership of Usenet? Perhaps
you are just lazy? Usenet cops are entertaining, keep up the good work!
^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://news.discovery.com/videos/ins...nternet-trolls...

--
Dan Espen

Duf is the least malicious person here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas writes:

Believe it or not, there are studies of Internet Trolls going on in an
effort to explain their behavior. Personally, I do it for
entertainment
and not to be malicious but there are those people......

What's your excuse? ^_^

http://news.discovery.com/videos/ins...nternet-trolls...

http://tinyurl.com/af5dl34

So, you don't think trolling is malicious, you think it's fun.

That's sad.

You seem to lack any compassion for anyone but yourself.

Think that's harsh? Ask yourself, you apparently are having fun,
do you really think the rest of us enjoy your idiocy?

--
Dan Espen

Duf is the least malicious person here.

Thanks Cousin Harry, I'll protect you from those horrible Yanks. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Harry is a stupid tea cup head.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 3/16/2013 12:02 PM, harry wrote:

Duf is the least malicious person here.

Thanks Cousin Harry, I'll protect you from those horrible Yanks. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/16/2013 3:27 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Harry is a stupid tea cup head.

The Limey git is still our cousin. o_O

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas writes:

[...]

I fully understand what you are about. You would have no problem leaving
your dog barking outside all day or working on your car with air tools
at midnight. When politely asked to consider others you would tell them
it is their problem.

The term for that is called narcissism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

Posted to alt.home.repair

"George" wrote in message
On 3/15/2013 2:31 PM, Dan Espen wrote:

stuff snipped

[...]

He's *deliberately* missing the point. He's also never actually tried to
filter on "OT" in the subject line because had he actually tried doing so he
would realize that the letter pair "OT" is very common. That means trying
to block troll trash like his means missing other, important, ON TOPIC
threads. The words "hOT, cannOT, ChronOTherm, roOT, spOTlight and many
others are recent examples. That means posts in legit threads get passed
over by people trying to filter out all his "affirmative action" BS. Not a
very good solution when the much easier one is to stick to the topic. He
also forgets how many threads are "hijacked" by trolls like him that pretty
much make filtering on "OT" a joke.

The solution to not stepping of piles of troll excrement is to toilet-train
the occupants, not to develop workarounds and "crap" filters. We have
enough externally generated spam and trolling. We don't need one of our own
trolling the group. A remarkably small number of people need
toilet-training here but I don't think we'll see that happening because they
*want* to be disruptive and spread their messages of hate.

It isn't up to everyone else to set up filters or whatever to avoid you
or others. I gave you the example before. You are in a movie theater to
see a movie and someone starts to act inappropriately. It isn't up to
everyone else to leave because you don't get basic social rules.

Good example, but sadly, it doesn't matter how many examples you can
provide. He does it because there's no mechanism in place to stop him. If
he pulled this trolling "entertainment" crap on a moderated group, he would
be gone in a big hurry. He complains about other groups of people demanding
special treatment but it's obvious he expects to get the special treatment
he seems to find so offensive in others. Yet another example of his
hypocrisy.

Most people can control themselves and not start a seemingly endless parade
of OT threads designed to create ill-will and animosity. Dufas apparently
not only can't restrain himself, he won't even try because he finds
disrupting the group with his troll BS "entertaining." How effing sick is
that?

Usenet works by mutual cooperation and respect and it's very clear Dufas
does not play well with others. I wonder what Eternal September would do
if people forwarded his troll "confession" to their abuse department? Both
Dufas and Stormin' M... have reached the point where they consider AHR their
own private chat group where they can inflict their various political and
personal views on thousands of people that don't want to read about them.
Is there any better example of selfishness?

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas writes:

[...]

Absolutely not, there is something I practice called consideration, when
it's appropriate. My neighbors and me take care of each other
which is why we get along. Now you, seem to be suffering from some
sort of persecution complex where everything bothers you and if a
person happens to tease you, you'll take is as a personal attack.
Your channel selector impairment is really getting to you. I can
understand how being someone who is an HPS could be hard on you but
I don't consider it a mental illness and would never be so gauche
as to call you insane but I find it amusing that you suggest I should
consider myself a narcissist when it's you who believes I should act
the way YOU wish me to. I mentioned before how easy it is to filter
out anything that bothers you. Setup your newsreader to filter any
post marked "OT, Off Topic" plus you can also killfile or block any
post made by me so your feathers will never be ruffled by anything I
may post. I don't wish to see you harmed or upset in anyway. ^_^

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archive...sitive-people/

http://tinyurl.com/6owh6q7

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/17/2013 8:44 AM, Robert Booby Green wrote:
"George" wrote in message
[...]

OH MY GOD! EVERYONE RUN! BOOBY G. MOUTHPIECE OF THE P.L.L.C.F. IS GOING
TO WRITE A NOVELLA CRITICIZING THOSE WHO DON'T SHARE HIS WORLD VIEW. I
see you're trying to pile on Booby G. and it's really funny. I see you
want to practice the typical Leftist tactic to silence anyone you don't
wish to hear. It's proof of what I've always written about those of your
ilk, you believe that free speech only applies to YOUR speech so you're
going to take whatever steps you can to silence anyone with a different
opinion than yours. You can make up whatever lies you want and repeat
them over and over believing that it will make them true. The simple
fact is that I rarely start "OT" posts and spend more time with on topic
matters than you would admit to. Like all P.L.L.C.F., you react and
think emotionally rather than rationally and logically which shows in
your rather bizarre behavior. Bobby G. you are entertaining if nothing
else so never change, we need the amusement. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
The Daring Dufas writes:

Believe it or not, there are studies of Internet Trolls going on in an
effort to explain their behavior. Personally, I do it for
entertainment
and not to be malicious but there are those people......

What's your excuse? ^_^

http://news.discovery.com/videos/ins...net-trolls.htm

http://tinyurl.com/af5dl34

So, you don't think trolling is malicious, you think it's fun.

I think he knows it's malicious, anti-social behavior but his need for
attention outweighs his moral fortitude. That's basically why trolls are
trolls. Their parents didn't pay them enough attention so this is their
"Wah! Look at me Mommy!" response to the neglect.

That's sad.

Yes, it's pretty sad that someone gets enjoyment out of starting fights and
disagreements. If I were to engage in Internet diagnoses g, I would say
he's subconsciously trying to recreate some past bad experience. Whether
it's the family atmosphere of his childhood or some other traumatic event in
his life like getting fired, he wants to re-enact it, but this time he'll be
in control.

He tells us that he was passed over by affirmative action hires but it's
pretty obvious that a person like Dufas who freely admits starting fights in
a group is "entertaining" would be recognized and passed over (if not fired)
by a good manager. My bet is "fired for cause." Good cause.

You seem to lack any compassion for anyone but yourself.

One of the more compact definitions of sociopathy is that "sociopaths feel
no one's pain except their own." There are plenty of people far, far sicker
than Dufas that have had major organ transplants, amputations and heart
surgery here in AHR. *They* manage to keep their self-control and don't try
to use their disabilities as a pathetic excuse for "turning troll."

Think that's harsh? Ask yourself, you apparently are having fun,
do you really think the rest of us enjoy your idiocy?

You've answered your own question, Dan. He not only doesn't care a whit
about the feelings of others, he actually considers hurting their feelings
entertaining. In some other thread he was apparently hoping his trolling
would induce a cerebral aneurysm in me. That sort of naked ill-will is just
more proof that he didn't get passed over by affirmative action but by his
own affirmative acts of anti-social behavior.

It's pretty telling that Dufas and a few other resident trolls rarely talk
about their friends or family life. It's clear most of them live alone and
many times that's an indication that they can't get along with other people.
They certainly project that image here with their disagreeable behavior.

Trolling the group for entertainment? Despicable. Most people go to a movie
or buy an X-box if they need entertainment. They don't try to get it by
deliberately setting out flame bait and lies, hoping someone will respond.

The majority of posters here can stick to the subject and restrain
themselves from feeding every spammer, troll and cross-poster that arrives.
There are a few, however, that believe AHR is their own personal playground
and like Dufas, believe it's A-OK to post whatever shiny thing they found on
the net whenever they feel like it. The constant parade of Commiecrat and
anti-government comments are pretty reliable indicators of being badly
socialized. Claiming their illness gives them the right to be trolls is
just so far gone from reality it's frightening.

As much as guys like Dufas insist otherwise, this is not their rec room, a
local parts house, a tavern or even a political chat group. It's a forum
dedicated to home repair topics. There shouldn't be days when OT posts and
troll feedings vastly outnumber on topic posts, but that seems to be
happening more and more and usually just a very few people are responsible.
Some people don't spend their entire life here. They don't appreciate
having to waste time reading through all the trolling and OT BS that just a
very few people consistently inflict on the group. It's the tyranny of a
loud-mouthed, rude and inconsiderate minority.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert Green" writes:

And besides all that, it's spelled dufus.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/17/2013 6:26 PM, Robert Booby Green wrote:
"Dan Espen" wrote in message
The Daring Dufas writes:

[...]

There you go projecting again Booby G., I think it's so wonderful that
you P.L.L.C.F. types believe you are superior human beings and I love
your penchant for making assertions that are always WRONG and often
quite bizarre. Booby, I actually have dear friends who are diametrically
opposed in their opinions of society and how the world should work. We
enjoy arguing with each other and calling each other names but at the
end of the day we'll stand together against the arrogant, fatuous, self
righteous, megalomaniacal Leftists like you who wish to transform the
country into your idea of utopia. Keep those goofy assertions of yours
coming, laughter is the best medicine and believe it or not, I thank you
for it even though it's not the result you expected. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/17/2013 7:13 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
"Robert Green" writes:

And besides all that, it's spelled dufus.

Oh Dan U R so meen! "Dufas" is actually a proper family name not to be
confused with "doofus" but it is a nice play on words. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert Green" writes:

And besides all that, it's spelled dufus.

Oh Dan U R so meen! "Dufas" is actually a proper family name not to be
confused with "doofus" but it is a nice play on words. ^_^

Daryl Dufas?

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert Green" writes:

And besides all that, it's spelled dufus.

Oh Dan U R so meen! "Dufas" is actually a proper family name not to be
confused with "doofus" but it is a nice play on words. ^_^

Daryl Dufas?

No, Daryl Dingleberry. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, March 15, 2013 9:16:04 AM UTC-4, The Daring Dufas wrote:
Believe it or not, there are studies of Internet Trolls going on in an

effort to explain their behavior. Personally, I do it for entertainment

and not to be malicious but there are those people......

What's your excuse? ^_^

http://news.discovery.com/videos/ins...net-trolls.htm

http://tinyurl.com/af5dl34

TDD