Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Inside The Mind Of An Internet Troll

On 3/16/2013 8:20 AM, George wrote:
On 3/15/2013 2:31 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
The Daring Dufas writes:

On 3/15/2013 1:22 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
The Daring Dufas writes:

On 3/15/2013 10:33 AM, Dan Espen wrote:
The Daring Dufas writes:

Believe it or not, there are studies of Internet Trolls going on
in an
effort to explain their behavior. Personally, I do it for
entertainment
and not to be malicious but there are those people......

What's your excuse? ^_^

http://news.discovery.com/videos/ins...net-trolls.htm

http://tinyurl.com/af5dl34

So, you don't think trolling is malicious, you think it's fun.

That's sad.

You seem to lack any compassion for anyone but yourself.

Think that's harsh? Ask yourself, you apparently are having fun,
do you really think the rest of us enjoy your idiocy?

When have I ever been malicious toward "you"?

You don't have to be malicious toward me.
Because I have compassion for people other than myself.
Including you.
Sorry to hear about your medical issues.
I know those kinds of problems can cause un-directed anger,
but it's no excuse.

You wouldn't treat strangers in real life like you do here.

Still think it's sad.

Dan you have no idea how hard I work at NOT lashing out when I'm in
blinding pain or feeling ill, it's good practice. I have dear friends
with diametrically opposing views and we argue and call each other
terrible names but at the end of the day if one of them needs help
with
something, all they have to do is pick up the phone, call me and I'll
come limping as fast as I can. Perhaps that's something you'll never
experience or understand? ^_^

And why do you say that?

I'm sure you are a decent person in real life.
I said as much above plus I believe the various posts
where you've described your good deeds.

I'm in pretty much perfect shape despite being over 65
but I'm close to people with serious medical issues.
As I just said, I know these problems can cause un-directed
anger.

No one on the internet caused your problems and
putting up with trolls is not fun for the rest of us.
I'm following this group to read about home repair,
so enough of this.

Well Dan, if I ever write anything that upsets you, I apologize but you
must understand that the conversations in this group are no different
than what you may hear from the scruffy looking reprobates at any supply
house. Any post I write that's not referring to home repair is always
marked "OT" Off Topic since many of us creatures like to discus
different things. It's very easy to filter Off Topic posts so you never
see them and I don't want anyone to to get upset when they have a means
to avoid it. If you tell me which news reader you're using, perhaps I
can tell you how to filter OT posts or even any of my posts. ^_^

TDD

You seem to be missing the point. This is a home repair newsgroup. Folks
who come here are looking for that sort of content. If you want to
complain and be negative about your issues take it to an appropriate venue.

It isn't up to everyone else to set up filters or whatever to avoid you
or others. I gave you the example before. You are in a movie theater to
see a movie and someone starts to act inappropriately. It isn't up to
everyone else to leave because you don't get basic social rules.

Oh George, how often has someone forced you to view something that was
marked "OT" Off Topic? You remind me of the little old ladies who are
channel selector impaired. "Oh my God Myrtle! There are naked women on
cable channel 14! Call all the girls from the church group and tell
them! We're going to start a protest, call the preacher, call the,
Mayor, call the Governor, tell everyone there are naked women on cable
channel 14! We must put a stop to this!" Perhaps you are selfish and
don't want to share or perhaps you claim ownership of Usenet? Perhaps
you are just lazy? Usenet cops are entertaining, keep up the good work!
^_^

TDD