Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Backup battery problem

I use a deep-discharge battery for power for a light and a fan in the event
of an A/C power failure. It looks like a car battery. Anyhow, after years
of service, with a small charger, I've started having problems with charger
to battery contact. The charger uses the usual claw-type clamp-on
connecter. I've tried using one of those sleeve-with-a-wire-brush-inside
cleaners to rotate on the battery terminals. Doesn't help for long. Every
few days the charger light goes goes from green to red and I have to fiddle
with the connections to the battery to resume trinkle-charging.

Any suggestions on something to keep the connection working? Any way to
clean the charger clamp on maybe? File it?

Small problem but annoying.

TIA

Backup Sump battery Jack Home Repair 1 June 8th 07 03:17 PM
Battery backup for 5v DC ~ 2amps? Noozer Electronics 5 February 23rd 07 04:24 PM
alarm system battery backup, battery replacement question Michael Baugh Home Repair 1 June 19th 04 03:35 PM
Repost: Blaupunkt VCR backup battery problem Jeroni Paul Electronics Repair 2 September 16th 03 05:54 PM
Blaupunkt VCR backup battery problem Jeroni Paul Electronics Repair 0 September 13th 03 11:55 PM