Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default Record 19.6% of eligible Americans - are receiving food stamps!

I'm speechless.

I don't know what to say, except to ask how much further down the toilet
you can go as a nation.

But have no fear. Your Department of Fatherland Security is prepared.

They've purchased about 1,700 Mine Resistant MaxxPro MRAP vehicles for
service on the streets of your once great country, and their stockpile
of 1.6 billion rounds of ammo (some of which is hollow-point) should
give them about 100 years worth of urban pacification capability.

============================

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...debt-20-eligib

Record Dow Jones, record US debt ($16,701,846,937,879.74), and now, once
more, record number of Americans on foodstamps. According to the USDA,
an all time high of 47,791,966 Americans closed 2012 in possession of
the highly desired Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, managed by
who else but JPMorgan.

And with a civilian non-institutional population of 244.4 million in
December, this means that a record 19.56% of eligible Americans are on
Foodstamps.

In December an additional 109,924 Americans became reliant on foodstamps
for their poverty-level needs, bringing the total to 47.8 million.

Number of US households on foodstamps: also a record of 23.1 million,
with the average monthly benefit of $277.09.

And as a percentage of the total civilian non-institutional population:

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/defau...stamps_0.jp g

Record wealth effect for the 1%, foodstamps for the poorest 20%, and a
middle class on the verge of extinction. How is this possible and what
happens next?
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 20:38:19 -0400, Harland Sanders
wrote:

I'm speechless.

I'm speechless.

In other news, Canada has cabbage.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 3/11/2013 8:38 PM, Harland Sanders wrote:
I'm speechless.

If only that were true!
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Oren wrote in news:kljtj8dq6to430slpg510htfcbnh8e3kkq@
4ax.com:

In other news, Canada has cabbage.

Some of it even NOT in Home Guy's head.

--
Tegger
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Tegger wrote:
Oren wrote in
news:kljtj8dq6to430slpg510htfcbnh8e3kkq@ 4ax.com:

In other news, Canada has cabbage.

Some of it even NOT in Home Guy's head.

it's there, it's just shredded

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

wrote:

I'm speechless.

I'm speechless.

In other news, Canada has cabbage.

So that's the smell coming from the north.
Senior Member

Come on, Homeguy. We have exactly the same problem with poverty here in Canada. In the USA, they give out food stamps. Here in Canada, we have "food banks" people go to to get free food.

And, guess what? Food Banks Canada is reporting that a record number of Canadians are using food banks too!

Food Banks Canada - Food Banks Canada reports record number of Canadians using food banks; 38% are children

But, people that use food banks aren't always the ones that can't afford to buy food. Often, they're people who have acquired a taste for alcohol, drugs and/or gambling and realize that the more money they spend on food, the less money they'll have for booze, drugs or the slot machines. Those people don't go to food banks so that they can eat, they go to food banks so that they can drink, smoke and gamble MORE.

I once had an immigrant couple from El Salvador living in my building. He worked as an auto mechanic at a Canadian Tire store and she was a nurse. Between the two of them they were doing well and always paid their rent on time. But, EVERY Christmas for the 6 or 7 or so years they stayed in my building, they would get a free food hamper at Christmas from Winnipeg Harvest, which is our local food bank. So, the Winnipeg Harvest volunteer driver is getting all choked up thinking that Harvest's generous gift has saved another poor family from going hungry at Christmas. On the other side of the door, my tenants consider this was low hanging fruit to be had for the taking.

There is real poverty and there is Western style poverty, and there's a world of difference between them.

Last edited by nestork : March 13th 13 at 08:31 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 17:38:23 -0500, "ChairMan"
wrote:

Tegger wrote:
Oren wrote in
news:kljtj8dq6to430slpg510htfcbnh8e3kkq@ 4ax.com: