Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sump pump exterior hose

i have a sump that empties outside ,the pipe out of the house is 1 1/4
inch,i have 1 inch & quarter hose running 50 feet out ,but in the winter it
freezes up,is there any way to connect a 3" flexible pipe to 1 1/4" to the
pipe that runs out of the house,a 1 1/4 adapter that converts to 3"
flexible.I'm thinking that a 3" might not freeze up as easily.I'm too old
with health problems to dig a trench to bury the hose.Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/11/2013 1:33 PM, pacca wrote:
i have a sump that empties outside ,the pipe out of the house is 1 1/4
inch,i have 1 inch & quarter hose running 50 feet out ,but in the winter
it freezes up,is there any way to connect a 3" flexible pipe to 1 1/4"
to the pipe that runs out of the house,a 1 1/4 adapter that converts to
3" flexible.I'm thinking that a 3" might not freeze up as easily.I'm too
old with health problems to dig a trench to bury the hose.Thanks

Your 1 1/2 pipe should be high enough above ground level to let you use
a piece of gutter to direct the water away from the house. Sure, some
might freeze in the gutter, but more water would just run over it.

Paul
Posted to alt.home.repair

Two thoughts come to mind. First, is that the pipe maybe needs to be higher,
with greater slope. So the water doesn't sit still in the pipe, to freeze.

Second, you write like a teenager.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"pacca" wrote in message
i have a sump that empties outside ,the pipe out of the house is 1 1/4
inch,i have 1 inch & quarter hose running 50 feet out ,but in the winter it
freezes up,is there any way to connect a 3" flexible pipe to 1 1/4" to the
pipe that runs out of the house,a 1 1/4 adapter that converts to 3"
flexible.I'm thinking that a 3" might not freeze up as easily.I'm too old
with health problems to dig a trench to bury the hose.Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 11, 4:33*pm, "pacca" wrote:
i have a sump that empties outside ,the pipe out of the house is 1 *1/4
inch,i have 1 inch & quarter *hose running 50 feet out ,but in the winter it
freezes up,is there any way to connect a 3" flexible pipe to 1 1/4" to the
pipe that runs out of the house,a 1 1/4 adapter that converts to 3"
flexible.I'm thinking that a 3" might not freeze up as easily.I'm too old
with health problems to dig a trench to bury the hose.Thanks

3" flexible pipe? I think you mean the 4" black corrugated
pipe that's typically used to extend gutter leaders? If the
grade slopes away, which it should, why can't you just
run the 1 1/4" pipe inside the 4" for 4 ft or so, without
any fittings? Far enough into it that water does not
come back out the near end.

But I'm betting the real problem is that it's not graded
correctly and there is a low spot. Otherwise I'd think
the 1 1/4" pipe would drain and freezing would not be
a problem. Even if some small amount of ice did
result, next time the pump ejects water, it should melt
it. If there is a significant low spot, then the 4" pipe
will freeze up too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Two thoughts come to mind. First, is that the pipe maybe needs to be

higher,
with greater slope. So the water doesn't sit still in the pipe, to freeze.

Second, you write like a teenager.

Two thoughts come to mind: Jesus said "Let he who is without sin among you
cast the first stone." You're awfully critical for a guy who can't even
spell "amendment" correctly.

The second is that people who omit capitals often are typing one-handed due
to disease or injury or just old age. Since the poster reminded us that
he's infirm, it should have been the first thing a true Christian should
have thought of instead of razzing him for not meeting your posting
standards.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Two thoughts come to mind. First, is that the pipe maybe needs to be

higher,
with greater slope. So the water doesn't sit still in the pipe, to freeze.

put a TINY hole in the hose at the highest point outside the house.

When the pump shuts off and the hose is full of water, the small hole
will allow air to enter the hose and will allow the water in the hose
to drain down the hill. Thus the hose won't sit for long full of
water.

Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 10:49:28 -0400, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Two thoughts come to mind. First, is that the pipe maybe needs to be

higher,
with greater slope. So the water doesn't sit still in the pipe, to freeze.

Second, you write like a teenager.

Two thoughts come to mind: Jesus said "Let he who is without sin among you
cast the first stone." You're awfully critical for a guy who can't even
spell "amendment" correctly.

Now you've gone and done it. He got on my case one time for saying
"naturalized". When he could have figured out I meant "neutralize"
(acid).

The second is that people who omit capitals often are typing one-handed due
to disease or injury or just old age. Since the poster reminded us that
he's infirm, it should have been the first thing a true Christian should
have thought of instead of razzing him for not meeting your posting
standards.

Posting standards? I'll call bull**** on that one. He has none, except
to throw his LDS into the mix. He has been advised on how to fix his
messages, but has refused to change and ignore many request to stop..
A rigid personality (lack of pussy) if you ask me.

Christians have no need to wear "religion" on their sleeves.

The day he joined the Mormon church, the church was no longer perfect.

Didn't Jesus appear before John Smith a polygamist and the Mormons
baptized Jewish victims of the Holocausts?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Two thoughts come to mind. First, is that the pipe maybe needs to be

higher,
with greater slope. So the water doesn't sit still in the pipe, to

freeze.

Second, you write like a teenager.

Two thoughts come to mind: Jesus said "Let he who is without sin among

you
cast the first stone." You're awfully critical for a guy who can't even
spell "amendment" correctly.

Now you've gone and done it.

I always do!

He got on my case one time for saying "naturalized". When he could have
figured out I meant "neutralize" (acid).

That's odd. He recently assured us he never flames anyone for spelling
errors. Fortunately he seems to have blocked me (again) so I don't have to
suffer through any of his fairly hypocritical comments. For an inveterate
(invertebrate?) top-poster who's constantly vying for the role of "Most Off
Topic Poster" his criticisms ring a little hollow. I know he reads these
messages because he's responded to them obliquely and because he's too
egomaniacal not to.

The second is that people who omit capitals often are typing one-handed

due
to disease or injury or just old age. Since the poster reminded us that
he's infirm, it should have been the first thing a true Christian should
have thought of instead of razzing him for not meeting your posting
standards.

Posting standards? I'll call bull**** on that one. He has none, except
to throw his LDS into the mix. He has been advised on how to fix his
messages, but has refused to change and ignore many request to stop..
A rigid personality (lack of pussy) if you ask me.

He's an iconoclast. If everyone says "po-TAY-toh" he's got to say
"po-TAT-oh." It's really just "whoring" for attention. It permeates his
postings. "Look at me!!!!" We're looking, but there's not much to see
except hypocrisy.

Christians have no need to wear "religion" on their sleeves.

I know at least 10 atheists who hew more closely to the real philosophy of
Jesus than Stormie does. It's sad for someone to constantly proclaim their
affection for Jesus and yet act so diametrically opposed to what Jesus stood
for. Taking a swipe at someone who's admitted they are too infirm to dig up
the pipe? "Judge not, lest ye be judged" or "Let he who is without sin"
both come to mind. Do you know the religious beliefs of anyone else in AHR?
That's because for most people, religion is a private affair. Not so for
Mormons, apparently.

The day he joined the Mormon church, the church was no longer perfect.

I call bull**** on that! (-: The Mormon church was never perfect. It was
one of many religions "born" during the great religious revival of the time
(the Second Great Awakening) including the Churches of Christ, Christian
Church (Disciples of Christ), the Seventh-day Adventist Church, and the
Evangelical Christian Church in Canada.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Great_Awakening

Didn't Jesus appear before John Smith a polygamist and the Mormons
baptized Jewish victims of the Holocausts?

The Morons do have an odd a penchant for baptizing the dead of other faiths,
so much so that it's become fodder for comedians:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012...-the-fk-alone/

The church has banned the practice, but that hasn't stopped it.

What I find most interesting is how many times Mormons have had to rearrange
their beliefs to account for facts that don't line up with their claims:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Abraham

Since its publication in 1842, the Book of Abraham has been a source of
controversy. Non-Mormon Egyptologists, beginning with Theodule Deveria in
the late 19th century, have disagreed with Joseph Smith's explanations of
the facsimiles. They also assert that damaged portions of the papyri have
been reconstructed incorrectly. The controversy intensified in the late
1960s when portions of the Joseph Smith Papyri were located. Translation of
the Egyptian text revealed that the rediscovered portions bore no relation
to the Book of Abraham text. LDS apologist Hugh Nibley and BYU Egyptologists
John Gee and Michael D. Rhodes have offered detailed rebuttals to the
criticisms and explanations of the differences.

That controversy, along with the polygamist beliefs and the claims that
American Indians were the lost tribe of Israel have dogged the LDS and its
splinter sects for quite some time. I guess the prophet Joseph Smith wasn't
able to foresee that his claims about Indians would be demolished by modern
DNA evidence.

--
Bobby G.

sump pump drain hose frozen.. what to do? jd Home Repair 9 March 15th 07 06:19 PM
connecting a 75ft hose to my sump pump - will it wear it out? Joe Home Repair 2 November 15th 06 04:01 PM
Burying a sump pump discharge hose [email protected] Home Ownership 4 July 30th 06 07:59 PM
flexible sump pump hose cj Home Repair 2 April 8th 06 10:30 PM
Sump Pump Run-Off Hose SO Home Repair 4 April 13th 05 05:25 PM