Posted to alt.home.repair
OMB OMB is offline

Default ot - General Mtrs becoming China Motors

Sorry, but this is such an astounding vid clip with the GM CEO making a
speech in China about GM's moving plants to China, that I just thought it
should be seen by more people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/2/2013 1:51 PM, OMB wrote:
Sorry, but this is such an astounding vid clip with the GM CEO making a
speech in China about GM's moving plants to China, that I just thought
it should be seen by more people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo

Does not bother me. It's a world economy.
What bothers me are those that refuse to buy any car without an American
nameplate, i.e. GM, Chrysler or Ford. Last US car I bought was a Ford,
made in Mexico and it was crap and I had to sue Ford and the dealer for
repairs that should have been done under warranty.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per OMB:
Sorry, but this is such an astounding vid clip with the GM CEO making a
speech in China about GM's moving plants to China, that I just thought it
should be seen by more people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo

I have to wonder about the clip maker's agenda.

They say something to the effect of "70% of vehicles manufactured by GM
since the 2008 bailout have been manufactured outside of the USA." - as
if that had some special significance in the context of GM being a
global corporation with global sales.

If the vid had cited the percent of vehicles sold within the USA yet
manufactured outside of the USA, it might have passed the sniff test...
but it did not and made it sound to me like somebody had an agenda.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Frank:
Last US car I bought was a Ford,
made in Mexico and it was crap and I had to sue Ford and the dealer for
repairs that should have been done under warranty.

Don't feel like The Lone Ranger. My Suburban was hecho en Mexico and
I've got a little rant of my own about the lack of build quality.

--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

I have to wonder about the clip maker's agenda.

They say something to the effect of "70% of vehicles manufactured
by GM since the 2008 bailout have been manufactured outside of the
USA." - as if that had some special significance in the context of
GM being a global corporation with global sales.

If the vid had cited the percent of vehicles sold within the USA
yet manufactured outside of the USA, it might have passed the
sniff test...

What about GM vehicles made in Canada - but sold in the USA, Canada,
and/or other countries?

GM Models currently or recently made in Canada:

* Buick Regal
* Chevrolet Camaro
* Chevrolet Equinox
* Chevrolet Impala
* GMC Terrain
* Cadillac XTS
* Buick Allure
(2005–2010, rebadged Buick LaCrosse for Canadian market)
* Pontiac G3 Wave
(2005–2008, from 2009 offered in United States and Mexico as well.)
* Pontiac Montana SV6 (2005–2009)

As of Apr. 24, 2009, GM Canada has received a combined loan commitment
of C$3 billion from the Canadian and Ontario governments to help it deal
with major financial problems amid falling sales.

On 27 April 2009, GM Canada announced that it would cut over half of its
Canadian jobs and close 40% of its Canadian dealerships by 2014 in
response to its indirect parent company's dire financial straits as the
Canadian taxpayers gave them 10.6 billion. The Canadian Government owns
12% of General Motors Corporation stock today.