Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home insurance rates increasing

I'm in North Texas, near Dallas - I ended a long time business relationship
with State Farm insurance about a year ago to buy a homeowners policy from a
family member that was starting out with another one of the major insurance
companies here - that business didn't work out for him, so now I'm going
back to State Farm, and finding that their rates have increased almost 50%
from what they were when I had the previous State Farm homeowners policy
before I left ( a year or so ago).

The house's value is about $140,000 - the dollar value they came up with to
rebuild my home has increased from what it was with the former policy by
about 10%, so I'm questioning the agent about the 50% rise in the premium -
we're gonna talk tomorrow.

No major upgrades or improvements with the house - all things with the house
and the local area are pretty much the same as when I had the previous
policy with State Farm - no natural disasters, no roof replacement, no
flooding issues anywhere near me of any kind, no real changes in crime or
zoning or anything like that - I have excellent credit, and my remaining
mortgage is about 1\3 the value of the house - there's nothing at all that I
can figure that'd cause such a jump - and I am pretty sure that the policy
coverage specifics are pretty much the same.

Any thoughts why the big jump in my premium? Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"AngryOldWhiteGuy" wrote
in message ...
[...]

You don't say how much your paying, but I'm in the same area. Collin County
Just got my renewal(Safeco) and its $789, 1% deductable, taxable value
155,000 insured full replacment for 207,000.
Just got a quote from Farm Bureau and he was $1082

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 28, 3:55*am, "AngryOldWhiteGuy"
wrote:
[...]

Global warming = Worsening weather?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Any thoughts why the big jump in my premium? Thanks!

Global warming = Worsening weather?

Bingo!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/27/2013 10:55 PM, AngryOldWhiteGuy wrote:
[...]

Lots of wildfires, high risk for more; gotta have more money to pay
future claims.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2013 3:08 AM, harry wrote:

Global warming = Worsening weather?

Global warming does not exist.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I believe it is due to "Hope and change."
Posted to alt.home.repair

"ChairMan" wrote in message

"AngryOldWhiteGuy" wrote
in message ...
[...]

My quote was about $2,000 - similar numbers as yours - mine were a bit less,
actually - I might need to shop around. THANKS!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 27, 9:55 pm, "AngryOldWhiteGuy"
wrote:
[...]

There may be a reduction in your premium based on the
length of time you have been with them, and other items
such as autos that you have insured with them. When
you cancelled and came back, perhaps those discounts
did not apply any more.
It would be useful to compare , line by line, with your
old policy to see which items actually increased. I am with
State Farm also, and am familiar somewhat with their
way of writing a policy. I am about 100 miles south of
Dallas, and my policy went up about $100, but I've been
solidly with them for 30 years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

I'd blame Hurricane Sandy. Insurance companies spreading their loss.
It effects all of us.

Global warming or not, people building in Mother Nature's pathways and
suffering damage make it bad for the rest of us.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I am in south Fl. I had State Farm for over 40 years for all my
insurance needs. Last year I was cancelled. They didn't give me a valid
reason to do so. My house passed their wind mitigation requirements and
I had not had any claims. . I was then assigned to the State sponsored
insurance company. My rates went to $ 3500 per year on a house valued at
$25000. This year I was transferred to another company. New rates will
be over $4000 a year.
Welcome to Florida. Since I have no mortgage, I will be cutting back
where I can. Chuck B.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

AngryOldWhiteGuy wrote:

I'm in North Texas, near Dallas ).

The house's value is about $140,000 - the dollar value they came
up with to rebuild my home

My quote was about $2,000

I've been insured with State Farm for my car for about 25 years, and
combined with my house insurance for about 15 years.

I pay about $1800 a year to insure two vehicles (car and pickup) each
older than 10 years. We have a "no-fault" car insurance system here in
Ontario. On a per-vehicle basis, the bill works out to $340 for bodily
liability, $444 for accident benefits, $90 Direct compensation (property
dammage), $74 Loss or Damage ($500/$1000 deductible). No drivers in the
household under 25 years old. No accident claims for the past 20 years.

As part of a combined policy, we pay $440 per year for house insurance.
Replacement value of house is about $200k (market value is about
$300k). Deductible might be $5 or $10k. No mortgage insurance (house
is fully paid for).

House insurance premiums has been flat for years - I think it's always
been between $420 and $450 for the 15 years I've had it. Car insurance
has gone down maybe $100 per vehicle over the past 3 years (might have
something to do with some changes to our laws).
Posted to alt.home.repair

AngryOldWhiteGuy wrote:
[...]

State Farm jacked up their rates a lot about a year ago. We left, had been
with them 16 years, suggest you check around.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 2/27/2013 9:55 PM, AngryOldWhiteGuy wrote:
I'm in North Texas, near Dallas - I ended a long time business relationship
with State Farm insurance about a year ago to buy a homeowners policy from a
family member that was starting out with another one of the major insurance
companies here - that business didn't work out for him, so now I'm going
back to State Farm,...

Why does this require leaving the major insuror rather than simply
changing agents????

And, of course, if you are going to make a change, shop some. I was
never very happy w/ State Farm even when had them years ago...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 28, 10:59*am, Dee Nile wrote:
On 2/28/2013 3:08 AM, harry wrote:

Global warming = Worsening weather?

Global warming does not exist.

So you don't think the weather is getting worse/more extreme?
Where have you been living?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"AngryOldWhiteGuy" wrote
in message ...

Any thoughts why the big jump in my premium? Thanks!

It's called Free Enterprise, what's the problem?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dee Nile" wrote in message
On 2/28/2013 3:08 AM, harry wrote:

Global warming = Worsening weather?

Global warming does not exist.

But worsening weather does ...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 10:28:12 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

On Feb 28, 10:59*am, Dee Nile wrote:
On 2/28/2013 3:08 AM, harry wrote:

Global warming = Worsening weather?

Global warming does not exist.

So you don't think the weather is getting worse/more extreme?

It's been clear for some time that we don't live in your ********
universe, harry.

Where have you been living?

In the universe where the sky is blue. We know yours is too dim to
tell.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 13:46:41 -0600, "NotMe" wrote:

"Dee Nile" wrote in message
On 2/28/2013 3:08 AM, harry wrote:

Global warming = Worsening weather?

Global warming does not exist.

But worsening weather does ...

No, we know that worsening TV reporting does.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2013 1:28 PM, harry wrote:
On Feb 28, 10:59 am, Dee Nile wrote:
On 2/28/2013 3:08 AM, harry wrote:

Global warming = Worsening weather?

Global warming does not exist.

So you don't think the weather is getting worse/more extreme?
Where have you been living?

Rush Limbaugh said so. It's just another lefty scare tactic.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:24:17 -0500, Dee Nile
wrote:

On 2/28/2013 1:28 PM, harry wrote:
On Feb 28, 10:59 am, Dee Nile wrote:
On 2/28/2013 3:08 AM, harry wrote:

Global warming = Worsening weather?

Global warming does not exist.

So you don't think the weather is getting worse/more extreme?
Where have you been living?

Rush Limbaugh said so. It's just another lefty scare tactic.

But harry is a Brit.

- British climate change alarmist and scientist James Lovelock predict
global warming doom: "Billions of us will die"

- Lovelock said that the earth was going to burn up and only a small
collection of us would be left to breed around the North Pole. He is
now rethinking his position.

harry loves Hollywood, learns most of his information there.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

wrote:
[...]

A large increase in property damage due to tornados ,major storms, and
wild fires. All insurance companies are getting hit hard for the
damage claims nation wide and are raising rates on everyone whether
your neighborhood got hit or not. Car damage & payout for them in
these incidents is just as bad as the houses & businesses.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 2/28/2013 1:28 PM, harry wrote:
On Feb 28, 10:59 am, Dee Nile wrote:
On 2/28/2013 3:08 AM, harry wrote:

Global warming = Worsening weather?

Global warming does not exist.

So you don't think the weather is getting worse/more extreme?
Where have you been living?

Rush Limbaugh said so. It's just another lefty scare tactic.

But harry is a Brit.

- British climate change alarmist and scientist James Lovelock predict
global warming doom: "Billions of us will die"

178 million will lose their jobs because of the sequester.

- Lovelock said that the earth was going to burn up and only a small
collection of us would be left to breed around the North Pole. He is
now rethinking his position.

harry loves Hollywood, learns most of his information there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
178 million will lose their jobs because of the sequester.

Which Republicans thought was a great idea.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 28, 7:46*pm, "NotMe" wrote:
"Dee Nile" wrote in message

On 2/28/2013 3:08 AM, harry wrote:

Global warming = Worsening weather?

Global warming does not exist.

But worsening weather does ...

So what's your reason for it (and polar ice caps disappearing)?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Feb 28, 10:59*am, Dee Nile wrote:
On 2/28/2013 3:08 AM, harry wrote:

Global warming = Worsening weather?

Global warming does not exist.

So you don't think the weather is getting worse/more extreme?

It's been clear for some time that we don't live in your ********
universe, harry.

Where have you been living?

In the universe where the sky is blue. *We know yours is too dim to
tell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

Only ****fer brains FoxNews watchers deny global warming is happening.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Feb 28, 10:59*am, Dee Nile wrote:
On 2/28/2013 3:08 AM, harry wrote:

Global warming = Worsening weather?

Global warming does not exist.

So you don't think the weather is getting worse/more extreme?

It's been clear for some time that we don't live in your ********
universe, harry.

Where have you been living?

In the universe where the sky is blue. *We know yours is too dim to
tell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

Only ****fer brains FoxNews watchers deny global warming is happening.

Only someone with some sense of science and distrust of politicians.
That leaves you out, obviously.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 20:57:12 -0800, "Bob F"

178 million will lose their jobs because of the sequester.

Which Republicans thought was a great idea.

Lefties always lie. But you knew that, too, Lefty.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 00:33:32 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

On Feb 28, 7:46*pm, "NotMe" wrote:
"Dee Nile" wrote in message

On 2/28/2013 3:08 AM, harry wrote:

Global warming = Worsening weather?

Global warming does not exist.

But worsening weather does ...

So what's your reason for it (and polar ice caps disappearing)?

No, dummy, the reason "worsening weather" is liars, like you. But you
knew that, too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2013 6:19 AM, AngryOldWhiteGuy wrote:
"ChairMan" wrote in message

"AngryOldWhiteGuy" wrote
in message ...
[...]

I've been with Safeco for a few years now. No problems.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 2, 12:44*am, gonjah wrote:
On 2/28/2013 6:19 AM, AngryOldWhiteGuy wrote:

"ChairMan" wrote in message

"AngryOldWhiteGuy" wrote
in ...
[...]

You only know how good they are when you try to make a claim.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/2/2013 4:18 AM, harry wrote:
On Mar 2, 12:44 am, gonjah wrote:
On 2/28/2013 6:19 AM, AngryOldWhiteGuy wrote:

"ChairMan" wrote in message

"AngryOldWhiteGuy" wrote
in ...
[...]

I did. I have with State Farm too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

#
# So you don't think the weather is getting worse/more extreme?
# Where have you been living?

Obviously NOT in your pinky fantasy world