Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Home insurance rates increasing

On Feb 28, 3:55*am, "AngryOldWhiteGuy"
wrote:
I'm in North Texas, near Dallas - I ended a long time business relationship
with State Farm insurance about a year ago to buy a homeowners policy from a
family member that was starting out with another one of the major insurance
companies here - that business didn't work out for him, so now I'm going
back to State Farm, and finding that their rates have increased almost 50%
from what they were when I had the previous State Farm homeowners policy
before I left ( a year or so ago).

The house's value is about $140,000 - the dollar value they came up with to
rebuild my home has increased from what it was with the former policy by
about 10%, so I'm questioning the agent about the 50% rise in the premium -
we're gonna talk tomorrow.

No major upgrades or improvements with the house - all things with the house
and the local area are pretty much the same as when I had the previous
policy with State Farm - no natural disasters, no roof replacement, no
flooding issues anywhere near me of any kind, no real changes in crime or
zoning or anything like that - I have excellent credit, and my remaining
mortgage is about 1\3 the value of the house - there's nothing at all that I
can figure that'd cause such a jump - and I am pretty sure that the policy
coverage specifics are pretty much the same.

Any thoughts why the big jump in my premium? *Thanks!

Global warming = Worsening weather?