Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need help identifying this metal

Actually, I don't need any help, because it was stolen from me.

Why are we Americans cannibalizing our own country like this?

=========================
February 19, 2013 5:25 PM

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/02/...ronx-cemetery/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are investigating a series of thefts at a
historic Bronx cemetery.

Someone stole $160,000 worth of bronze and other metals from at least 60
mausoleums and grave sites at St. Raymond’s Cemetery in Throgs Neck,
1010 WINS’ Juliet Papa reported Tuesday.

“At some point late last week, started to notice that items were missing
from different mausoleums or different grave sites,” said Chief Security
Officer Matthew Horace with FJC Security Service, the negligent and
clearly incompetent security company used by St. Raymond’s.

“It’s a terrible crime. This is where people come to bury their loved
ones,” said Horace.

The stolen items which could be sold as scrap metal include door
handles, name plates and vents.

“There were items that were made of brass or copper that were stolen and
we all know that right now on the open market, brass and copper yields a
profit,” said Horace. ”Criminals and thugs try to steal these things.”

Police said, in all, 63 mausoleums have been hit.

It is unclear when the alleged thefts occurred, but Horace said a guard
recently confronted a man on the property who ran off, leaving behind a
bag of burglary tools.

“The person fled and dropped the bag that we believe has burglary tools
in the bag,” Horace told Silverman.

=============
http://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.co...y-suspect1.jpg

Photo of a man (an typical american man) wanted in connection with a
grand larceny incident at St. Raymond’s Cemetery
==============

The 180-acre cemetery is one of the busiest in the United States, with
nearly 4,000 burials each year, according to its website.

Celebrities buried at the cemetery include jazz singer Billie Holiday
and former boxing champion Hector “Macho” Camacho.

“There are a lot of places in here where people can hide or walk,
particularly at nighttime,” Horace said.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 18:39:33 -0500, Ray Mond
Cemetery wrote:

Why are we Americans cannibalizing our own country like this?

Did you finally move here from O Canada, Home Guy?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ray Mond Cemetery wrote in news:kg12e7$n8m$4
@speranza.aioe.org:

Actually, I don't need any help, because it was stolen from me.

Why are we Americans cannibalizing our own country like this?

What is this "we Americans" bull****? You're the Canuck asshole "Home Guy", posting under
yet *another* false identity.
Posted to alt.home.repair

:

Actually, I don't need any help, because it was stolen from me.

Why are we Americans cannibalizing our own country like this?

What is this "we Americans" bull****? You're the Canuck asshole "Home Guy", posting under
yet *another* false identity.

Canuckistan is so boring HomoGay has to look over our fence to see how
we're keeping ourselves busy. It's sad but some don't have a life of
their own.
Senior Member

It's a sign of desperate people doing deperate things to get money.

Here in Canada people are steeling copper piping and electrical cable from construction sites for it's copper. In some cases, people have torn the copper electrical cables out of unoccupied houses and commercial buildings because of the copper's scrap value.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 20, 12:52*pm, Tegger wrote:
wrote :

Canuckistan is so boring HomoGay has to look over our fence to see how
we're keeping ourselves busy. It's sad but some don't have a life of
their own.

It's true: Canada IS boring. Unless you live here, or you like camping,
there's really not much up here. Plus there are really only three places
where it's possible to find a job that's not in the resources industry or
in government, and one of those places speaks a language nobody else
speaks.

Basically, we have what the US has, only less of it. We even speak the same
language, with tiny differences limited to a few word-spellings and one
narrowly-specific vowel pronunciation.

Everything really good is either in the US, or comes from the US. That fact
makes many Canadians so burstingly-full of jealousy and insecurity that it
starts oozing out of them as anti-American sneering and condescension.

--
Tegger

Ah but they also have the Queen.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:27:58 PM UTC-5, The Daring Dufas wrote:
The U.S. has around 9.5 times the population of Canada so statistically
we're going to have more weirdos and freaks but of course there's that
percentage thing to deal with. ^_^

There's also the fact that 95% of Canada is desolate wilderness where all the weirdos and freaks can be weird and freaky all by their lonesome and not come in contact with another human being for years and years and years... So, you hardly ever hear of them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:52:26 AM UTC-5, Tegger wrote:
Basically, we have what the US has, only less of it. We even speak the same
language, with tiny differences limited to a few word-spellings and one
narrowly-specific vowel pronunciation.

You also have this odd letter "zed" in your alphabet and no "Z."
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Yes, and you and HomoGay have a lot more than that in common, harry.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 22:16:09 -0700, "PV" edrnouser@ spam telus.net
wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 21:23:54 -0700, "PV" edrnouser@ spam telus.net
wrote:

Tegger wrote:
wrote in
:

[...]

Speak for yourself

He did exactly that.

Now if he said "I find Canada boring, or I believe Canada is boring" then he
is speaking for himself.

Right. I got bored in Canada a few times. I made it to the other
side. They call Kentucky Fried Chicken by a funny French name.

I found it boring and believed it boring; but I will admit the place
is beautiful.

California has fruits and nuts.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 20, 7:20*pm, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:52:26 AM UTC-5, Tegger wrote:
Basically, we have what the US has, only less of it. We even speak the same
language, with tiny differences limited to a few word-spellings and one
narrowly-specific vowel pronunciation.

You also have this odd letter "zed" in your alphabet and no "Z."

"Zed" is correct. I am English so that makes me expert.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote :

[...]

I am not an arse bandit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote in
:

On Feb 20, 7:20*pm, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:52:26 AM UTC-5, Tegger wrote:
Basically, we have what the US has, only less of it. We even speak
the

same
language, with tiny differences limited to a few word-spellings and
one narrowly-specific vowel pronunciation.

You also have this odd letter "zed" in your alphabet and no "Z."

"Zed" is correct. I am English so that makes me expert.

Both zee and zed are "correct"; they are just regional preferences.

There are THREE pronunciations of that letter. Interestingly, all three
have an English origin.

From Wikipedia:
"In most dialects of English, the letter's name is 'zed', reflecting its
derivation from the Greek zeta, but in American English, its name is 'zee',
deriving from a late 17th century English dialectal form.[2]

"Another English dialectal form is izzard. It dates from the mid-18th
century and probably derives from Occitan izèda or the French ézed."

--
Tegger

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 20:22:04 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 19:42:51 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 16:04:57 -0800, Oren wrote:

wrote :

[...]

Intellectual disabilities or am I being redundant? :-\

Both queens.

... who's on first

The question is, "who's on top"?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote :

[...]

Sure you are. You're really HomoGay's secret bottom.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 21:23:54 -0700, "PV" edrnouser@ spam telus.net
wrote:

Tegger wrote:
wrote in
:

[...]

But unlike the US, they roll East.
Senior Member

You guys shouldn't let HomeGuy push your buttons like that.

Don't you realize that he's trashing your country just to get you mad, and by getting mad you're making this fun for him because he knows you can't do anything about it.

You'd do better to simply ignore his posts rather than respond to them.

Here's a picture of North America at night. It's put together from a whole bunch of images that were take by weather satellites at night. To a first approximation, the more light there is in an area, the higher the population.

That big blob of light at the bottom of lake Michigan is Detroit. The bright dot up and to the left of Detroit is Minneapolis/St. Paul. And the bright dot up and to the left of Minneapolis is Winnipeg. I live in the middle of the continent, but on the edge of civilization.

Most of the lights north of Winnipeg are native reservations, but the three brightest ones that form a line (kinda), are Thompson (pop. 12,000), Flin Flon (pop. 5,500) and The Pas (pop. 4,400).

You can see the outline of Hudson Bay which is jet black compared to the very dark blue around it. The brightest light along it's coast is Churchill, Manitoba (pop. 1200). They used to ship grain to Russia out of the port of Churchill, but when the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991, the Russians were unable to pay for our grain, so we stopped shipping it, and Churchill was left with no real industry at all. Nowadays, Churchill's only real industry is tourism because people go there just to watch the polar bears and the Aurora Borealis (the Northern Lights).

That bright light off the east coast of the US is the island of Burmuda. The lights that appear off the coast of Washington State are towns along the Pacific coast of British Columbia. You can see that a lot better in this image:

Canada seems to get wider too fast, but it's just because of the distortion that happens when you go from a globe to the flat surface of a map.

Peurto Rico is the brightest island in the Caribean. You can see where Cuba is, but it's certainly not as well developed as Florida or Peurto Rico, undoubtedly because of it's political history.

Last edited by nestork : February 22nd 13 at 06:48 AM