Posted to alt.home.repair
Tegger[_3_] Tegger[_3_] is offline

Default Need help identifying this metal

harry wrote in
:

On Feb 20, 7:20*pm, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:52:26 AM UTC-5, Tegger wrote:
Basically, we have what the US has, only less of it. We even speak
the

same
language, with tiny differences limited to a few word-spellings and
one narrowly-specific vowel pronunciation.

You also have this odd letter "zed" in your alphabet and no "Z."

"Zed" is correct. I am English so that makes me expert.

Both zee and zed are "correct"; they are just regional preferences.

There are THREE pronunciations of that letter. Interestingly, all three
have an English origin.

From Wikipedia:
"In most dialects of English, the letter's name is 'zed', reflecting its
derivation from the Greek zeta, but in American English, its name is 'zee',
deriving from a late 17th century English dialectal form.[2]

"Another English dialectal form is izzard. It dates from the mid-18th
century and probably derives from Occitan izèda or the French ézed."

--
Tegger