Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Senior Member

Default Snow along US/Mexico border?

Just a few days ago I was watching a TV show about illegal immigration across the US/Mexico border, and it looked like there was snow on the ground there. In fact, it even looked like there was snow on the hood of a truck that was driving along a road built on one side of the fence that's supposed to stop illegals from crossing that border. I was surprised to see that since the heat from the engine would cause any snow on the truck to disappear from the hood first.

Was that white stuff something else (like I was thinking possibly even just white fluff from cottonwood trees), or does it ever actually get cold enough that far south to have snow accumulate on the ground there? I would have guessed not, but I've never been down there during the winter.

Last edited by nestork : February 4th 13 at 05:26 AM