Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Ping: Mac in Mexico

Just saw that you had an earthquake down there. You OK? How'd your
home & family fare?

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 10:36:57 -0800, Kevin Miller wrote:

Just saw that you had an earthquake down there. You OK? How'd your
home & family fare?

...Kevin

We're fine, Kevin.. thanks for asking...
We're about 90 miles south of the epicenter, so we got a good shaking, but no
damage other than some stuff getting knocked off shelves in the shop..

The border towns of Mexicali, Calexico and El Centro were a lot closer and had a
lot of damage... 2 deaths and a lot of collapsed buildings in Mexicali and they
said that over 25% of the shop windows were broken in El Centro, Ca..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

mac davis wrote:
On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 10:36:57 -0800, Kevin Miller wrote:

Just saw that you had an earthquake down there. You OK? How'd your
home & family fare?

...Kevin

We're fine, Kevin.. thanks for asking...
We're about 90 miles south of the epicenter, so we got a good shaking, but no
damage other than some stuff getting knocked off shelves in the shop..

The border towns of Mexicali, Calexico and El Centro were a lot closer and had a
lot of damage... 2 deaths and a lot of collapsed buildings in Mexicali and they
said that over 25% of the shop windows were broken in El Centro, Ca..

Glad to hear you folks escaped unscathed.

As these things go, only two deaths is way ahead of the curve, but still
a tragedy for their friends and families. Sad thing was, one of the
persons ran out of the building only to be hit by a car.

Hopefully their will be enough international aid to go around and help
rebuild. Scary times...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
In a recent poll, seven out of ten hard drives preferred Linux.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 09:41:21 -0800, Kevin Miller wrote:

The border towns of Mexicali, Calexico and El Centro were a lot closer and had a
lot of damage... 2 deaths and a lot of collapsed buildings in Mexicali and they
said that over 25% of the shop windows were broken in El Centro, Ca..

Glad to hear you folks escaped unscathed.

As these things go, only two deaths is way ahead of the curve, but still
a tragedy for their friends and families. Sad thing was, one of the
persons ran out of the building only to be hit by a car.

Hopefully their will be enough international aid to go around and help
rebuild. Scary times...

...Kevin

I read that there were at least 100 injured in Mexicali and that the US is
offering aid.. Haven't had verification of either, though..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

MetalWorkingMecca-New Mexico! NewMexicoOutdoor Metalworking 0 January 10th 09 08:43 PM
FA Ideal Mexico 2 ARWadsworth UK diy 0 April 17th 07 06:13 PM
Casting supplies in New Mexico Bob Metalworking 4 July 13th 05 10:04 PM
What wood I can get in Mexico? Steve A Woodturning 8 February 11th 05 03:54 PM