Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default Average american Flees Burbank Costco With 24 Quarts Of Oil— Strapped To His Body

Your thieving american ways are strange (and hilarious) to us Canadians.

(But still nothing stranger than cooking meth in your pants)

==============================

BURBANK (CBSLA.com) — A South Gate man was arrested Thursday for trying
to steal 24 quarts of motor oil — strapped to his body and stuffed into
his clothing.

Jorge Sanchez, 35, was spotted about 4:30 p.m. trying to leave a Burbank
Costco without paying for the oil.

Store employees gave chase and officials said they lost Sanchez after he
jumped a fence at the west side of the Costco parking lot.

Burbank Police Sgt. Darin Ryburn told CBS2/KCAL9 reporter Andrea Fujii
that nine of the 24 quarts were recovered during the foot chase.

Authorities said Sanchez walked into the Costco and went straight to the
oil aisle. He allegedly grabbed a couple of cases and emptied them.

Said Ryburn, “He proceeded to hide the quarts of oil in his pants,
socks, and in his shirt.”

Sanchez was later apprehended near Beachwood Drive and Monterey Avenue,
about eight blocks from the store.

Officials said he was arrested on suspicion of burglary charges.

Margo Martin was a witness to the apprehension. “All of a sudden, I hear
‘Get down on the ground’ and there is this man laying in our driveway.”

Witnesses thought the man was running funny and weren’t sure why.
Witness Manuel Atlas said, “He looked kind of heavy and out of shape.”
Police said Sanchez was also running funny because he still had 15
quarts of oil strapped to him. Police said he used a bungee cord to
strap the bottles down.

Martin said, “The man just kept saying, ‘I can’t breathe. I can’t
breathe.’ So they were trying to get him to sit up. Probably because he
had those things strapped to him apparently.”

Fujii asked if police could give a motive for this unusual crime? Ryburn
said, “He apparently changes oil as his profession and it’s just too
expensive.”

When police searched Sanchez’ car, they found 50 more quarts of oil.
They’re investigating if they were also stolen.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 2/2/2013 8:44 PM, Quaker State wrote:
[...]

Jorge Sanchez, isn't that a common Canadian name? ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 21:02:04 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Jorge Sanchez, isn't that a common Canadian name? ^_^

TDD

Could be.

Guillermo Rivera roughly translates to Bill Rivers.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 02-02-2013 22:17, Oren wrote:
wrote:
Jorge Sanchez, isn't that a common Canadian name? ^_^

Could be.

Guillermo Rivera roughly translates to Bill Rivers.

Sorry, "rivera" is more like a creek. But Rivera is just a name to most
Spanish speakers.

English rivers is Spanish rÃ*os

--
Wes Groleau

After the christening of his baby brother in church, Jason sobbed
all the way home in the back seat of the car. His father asked him
three times what was wrong. Finally, the boy replied, €œThat preacher
said he wanted us brought up in a Christian home, and I wanted to
stay with you guys."
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Feb 3, 5:15*am, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 02-02-2013 22:17, Oren wrote:

wrote:
Jorge Sanchez, isn't that a common Canadian name? ^_^

Could be.

Guillermo Rivera *roughly translates to Bill Rivers.

Sorry, "rivera" is more like a creek. *But Rivera is just a name to most
Spanish speakers.

English rivers is Spanish ríos

Don't dispell his intellectual affectations. He finds it upsetting.
He believes he is infallible.
Only the Queen is infalliable.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Sun, 3 Feb 2013 00:10:23 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

Only the Queen is infalliable.

Liar. It is impossible.