Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OTC Walk-in-Bath

I am considering a walk in bath for my wife. I have info in two
different companies but am not yet convinced which one to buy.
Have any of you guys purchased a walk in bath? If so, what are your
experiences, both pro and con. I don't know what the prices are. They
tell me I have to schedule a home visit so they can see what needs to be
done to install. Right now I am just collecting info. Thanks for any
input you can give. Chuck B.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Chuck wrote:
I am considering a walk in bath for my wife. I have info in two different
companies but am not yet convinced which one to buy.
Have any of you guys purchased a walk in bath? If so, what are your
experiences, both pro and con. I don't know what the prices are. They
tell me I have to schedule a home visit so they can see what needs to be
done to install. Right now I am just collecting info. Thanks for any
input you can give. Chuck B.

Do you specifically mean a walk in bath, as in bath tub, or have you
considered a full size walk in shower?

My parents (mid-80's) recently installed a full size walk in shower. It has
a curb of about 3, maybe 4 inches which my mom has no trouble negotiating,
even with her knee issues. They love the full size and it was easy to
install in place of the existing tub. Quality sliding doors completed the
project.

They never took baths so a tub was not required.