Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ceiling fan

My Hampton Bay ceiling fan and light-kit no longer turn on when I pull the pull-chains. (The circuit-breaker did not trip).

I discovered the bolts that attach two of the blades to the fan motor were VERY loose so those blades were hanging noticeably below the other blades. (I've now tightened the bolts on all of the blades).

Does the ceiling-fan have a reset button that should be pushed so I can avoid the dreaded climb into the attic crawl-space to check the wiring? If "Yes", where is the reset button located?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 7 Jan 2013 17:21:22 -0800 (PST), "."
wrote:

My Hampton Bay ceiling fan and light-kit no longer turn on when I pull the pull-chains. (The circuit-breaker did not trip).

I discovered the bolts that attach two of the blades to the fan motor were VERY loose so those blades were hanging noticeably below the other blades. (I've now tightened the bolts on all of the blades).

Does the ceiling-fan have a reset button that should be pushed so I can avoid the dreaded climb into the attic crawl-space to check the wiring? If "Yes", where is the reset button located?

Noipe - on those cheap chinese crap Home Despot fans they do have a
thermal protection fuze buried somewhere down in the windings of the
wound stator. About a $2.00 part after you spend an hour or two taking
it down and tearing it apart to dig it out.